Quantcast

A spring ride in at Otis AFB

splat

Nam I am
So thibgs are drying up locally , so looks like a final trip to otis for this winter.

but we had a Big group there were 19 of us.

First DR would be taking his Guiter ( That the won here http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210948 for helping do trail work )

Rich on a rock crossing

RV55 has a little mishap

try 2 didn't go much better

strangeland

Rich, the turtle and Garret

Skunkty14 and strange land

Jan

Badcrumble

a really big rock that of course some wanted to ride up and over strangeland

the turtle on the over side

JRA

skunkty14 over a bridge

CP on the roller off.

I took an unusual shot from underneather the bridge

and finally slo Bo going down the ladder

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
The group waiting for the fashionably late...

Follow through of RV55's mishap

Some people are just amused way to easily. MTBing Merry go Round

After ride

What are these two doing?

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
How did DR like the Gruitr?? It looks really small in that first pic for some reason. Camera angle maybe?

You're too kind. It look small because I'm huge. So far so good. Needs a few tweeks. It handled wayyy different than my bullit. Definitely what I was going for though. The bullit is 45lbs and the gruitr is 35lbs. It climbed pretty well. I rode it at Foxboro on Sunday and we did closer to 12 miles I think and I still had some gas. Not bad for a first weekend of riding in 3 plus months. My ass was killing me though, so the saddle will be the first tweek.

Other than the saddle, the only concerns for me are the air pressure in the fork. I didn't check it at all and the fork was diving on me all weekend. And I got some tire rub in the lower gears. The crank is a value part as it was like $50 for the crank and BB from Santa Cruz over the winter. Potential future upgrades include a hammerschmidt crank and Crank Bros. Joplin Adj Seatport.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Nice pics and nice Gruitr! Looks a lot like mine!:biggrin:

FWIW, you'll get rub on the Gruitr for rear tires over 2.3 generally. Nevegals have large side knobs, so they will be more conducive to this!

Slabysz

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
Boston
hammerschmidt drooooool!

Considering BTF & Dane ride the G, I would have ventured to say it rides good. Glad it's working out for you. As for the sore butt, I'll refrain from comment :twitch:

Slab