Quantcast

A Theft and A Reunion

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Seven months ago my old apartment was broken into, and among other things, my 2002 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo was stolen. It was still my only XC sled and it had a ton of sentimental value. It was my first real (non-department store) mountain bike, did my first XC Race on it, my only 24 hour race, etc. I had given up hope of ever seeing it again until I saw it today downtown. Long story short, I had the serial number saved in my phone (as well as with the police) and verified it and got it back. The people I got it back from said they bought it off Craigslist in November and seemed pretty believable so I won't trash them. I'm just so stoked to have it back. Just wanted to share a story with a happy ending for once.

TL,DR: Bike got stolen, got it back months later.

Here she is today, the day of our reunion:
hookooekoodayofreturn.jpg

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You still should have punched them in the jaw for buying stolen goods.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I got my downhill back 6 months after it was stolen, and because of a leak in the tubeless wheel they couldn't figure out how to inflate the tire so it never got ridden.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You still should have punched them in the jaw for buying stolen goods.
You, of course, demand an original receipt and full history (along with documented evidence) of all used goods you buy.

Awesome that the bike was returned to its rightful owner :thumb:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Actually I do ask to see originals of their receipts. Really the only used stuff I buy are guns, and with those I want to make triple sure that we're not buying mooty goods.