Quantcast

A weekend of riding!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wow!!! It's been a LONG time since I posted a ride report! Well, this weekend, the weather was finally nice so we took a variety of rides beginning with Friday.

Instead of picking Syd up with my car, Sq-Earl & I decided to hitch her new Burly trailer to the road bike and go and get her and head out for a short pre-dinner ride. The sitter's house is just over 5 miles from our house so we set out at a brisk pace to get our legs warmed up enroute. Once we were there, we chatted for a few minutes, packed her and her stuff up and headed back down the long gravel driveway. Just about the end of the driveway, I get a flat. Turns out, I have torn through my tire sidewall so we cut our ride short and head home (11.4 miles with an average speed of about 15mph---not too bad with the trailer).

Saturday I had planned on riding to the trail with Syd before we worked on some bridge maintenance, but my ruined tire put a damper on that. Instead, we decided to hike out to maintenance and work on a bridge over a long wet section (bever dam).
Getting ready to start our hike:

Along the way:

A few shots of the work:

Syd helping with some branch removal:

Time to test out the bridge (Syd insisted on walking it while the guys got their bikes ready) :D

Syd taking a turn at hiking:

Hiking out with Daddy:

The bridge came out great and it's a nice addition to our beginner trails for sure!

Post-hike refreshments (no, there isn't anything in the bottle, she decided to copy Sq-Earl right after he finished his beer).

Today it was too nice to not ride and after discussion, we decided to ride a loop at SMBA to see what condition the trails were in so we can decide whether or not to open the trails for use. The verdict...the trails are drier than any of us anticipated and they should be open for use!

Me showing off some climbing skills that I wasn't sure I possessed!

What goes up must come down :D

Sq-Earl's favorite rock to climb (yes, it really is nearly vertical and he's on a singlespeed :shocked: )

All in all, a great weekend of riding & hiking!!!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
You should join us for a ride this week! I am planning on getting out there again soon, but this week's s little crazy so it's hit or miss with us until the weekend!
I'd love too, but this week is kinda crazy for me as well! Maybe this weekend if it doesn't rain too much this week. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'd love too, but this week is kinda crazy for me as well! Maybe this weekend if it doesn't rain too much this week. :)
Sounds like a plan. I have a concert tomorrow night, Dr. apt to check the knee out on Wednesday (which means I am playing hookey and may even try to road ride to and from the apt.) my brother's birthday Thursday and after that nothing...we'll keep each other posted :D

splat

Nam I am
Thanks! It's a Kelty. She really likes it and it's comfortable. If she falls asleep and we stop, it stands upright too for a chair and it's really stable! Well worth the investment!
we had on , and older one , not as fancy as that , The kids loved it.

and my daughter would start kicking me in the back and saying faster daddy faster daddy. and Now she rides horses hmmmmmm I wonder .......

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Those are some great shots ... looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Lil sweetie for sure.

I got to hand to the guy on that rock climb. :clapping:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Those are some great shots ... looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Lil sweetie for sure.

I got to hand to the guy on that rock climb. :clapping:
you think that is good? you should see him when he is powered by whisky and beer!

Treesaw said:
It is an awesome shirt!!! She loves the monkey
I just love seeing the shirts being worn!, and when I show Emma the pics she starts laughing and tells me all about the "yiyille Ridemonkey" :thumb: