Quantcast

AB Thursday GMT

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's always friday if you're in the right frame of mind.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
shhh my child, no more rustling.

If i didn't post threads like that, all we'd have are tools arguing what jammies make them faster, and whether enduro is for washed up amateur DH racers, or washed up professional DHers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This thread is full of win.

:wave:

Carb rebuild on a neighbors Harley today. Unless it's a lawn mower or weed eater, why are things still carburetorated? :think:
'Murican product. Still decades behind the rest of the world.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Carb rebuild on a neighbors Harley today. Unless it's a lawn mower or weed eater, why are things still carburetorated? :think:
Based on Harley's business model of building 60 hp - 1200cc motors that can't go over 6k rpm, (with the added bonus of massive vibration) I'm gonna say they aren't real concerned with doing things the best way.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
what are two lesbians compensating for with a harley?

:think:
It does belong to the.....more bullish of the two.

Based on Harley's business model of building 60 hp - 1200cc motors that can't go over 6k rpm, (with the added bonus of massive vibration) I'm gonna say they aren't real concerned with doing things the best way.
Can't argue with that.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You gettin' more wood or an f bomb? :brows:
gettin wood. The f-bomb is super nice but the owner is grumpy and it's a linear rate single pivot without an air shock/rc4. I'd also need new cranks and a seatpost. It's also smaller than I'd like for my height. It is a really good deal though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning. Starting to think about starting to want a dual sport motorbike... but really know nothing about them. Would like to tour up to Alaska next year with my Dad, before he gets too old to do so. His scooter is pretty rad, but certainly moar than I would want/need/could afford:

That said, if money were no object I'd be thinking KTM Adventure 990... but moar realistically something like a KLR 650 would be great for me, and I could likely do the daily commute on it as well. What sayeth those monkeys with this sort of knowledge?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
KLR 650 .... daily commute
Or, if the old man is already on a beemer, I <3 my 650. Honestly, in that engine size range, IMHO, it's hard to go wrong. Every major manufacturer is building solid machines in the 650 size. Styling is your personal preference. Most new ones even have and ABS option now as well, which I recommend.