Quantcast

ABC's Lost

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yep... I watch it... but it was pissing me off that they keep running 1 new show then 2 or 3 repeats then 1 new show.... I DON'T CARE WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD SOMETIMES I WANT MINDLESS ENTERTAINMENT:mumble: Dont Fvck with programming because of some b-ball tourney!!! ARGH:mumble: rant over

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MMike said:
Yes. We watch it. They should kill balloon guy.
if he were an OTHER... wouldn't he have known about the people crashing in the balloon anyway? so if he is telling the truth... then who cares but he could just be using the balloon story...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its the only show I follow. I watch it at my friends house since I don't have cable.

Balloon guy: totally played em for suckers. Put his head on pike and let it be reminder to the others ;)

S.S. --chill, it actually is quite good. You don't have to bash EVERY tv related thread do you?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They showed the baloon in the tree, but he could have made that up based on someone elses story.

I just get pissed because out of an hour long show, you get like 10 minutes of usable data. The rest is pointless sub-plots and walking around, or flashbacks that have little or no meaning.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah I am totally convinced that the balloon guy is using it as a trap. That could have been how he got there originally before becoming one of the “Others”. I mean come on…his last comment to Lock and Jack should make it a dead give away.

It totally looks like the **** is going to hit the fan on next week’s episode though. I am excited. =]

Love this show. Totally one of VERY few shows I actually watch on TV.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Total Heckler said:
Yeah I am totally convinced that the balloon guy is using it as a trap. That could have been how he got there originally before becoming one of the “Others”. I mean come on…his last comment to Lock and Jack should make it a dead give away.

It totally looks like the **** is going to hit the fan on next week’s episode though. I am excited. =]

Love this show. Totally one of VERY few shows I actually watch on TV.
Again, it looks like that EVERY week though. Then just as you start to get into the story, it's over. i guess they need to try and stretch it to cover two seasons.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, I've watched it from the start. Some weeks are better than others. I must save, the lack of action lately has been disappoiinting.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Heidi said:
Yep, I've watched it from the start. Some weeks are better than others. I must save, the lack of action lately has been disappoiinting.
Agreed. Well hopefully this next week will give us our "fix". heh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jeremy R said:
I love Lost, but it is about 10 miles behind 24.
What happened to the Deadwood quote in your signature?
or maybe I am mistaken....

Jack Bauer needs to shoot more women in the leg for information. Maybe then I will watch it more than once.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I watched the first 2 episodes, the missed the next 2 so by episode 5 I was completely lost (haha!). There are too many dumb sub-plots and you have to watch it rabidly to understand stuff. I like The Shield way more.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
love it, i have to download the episodes as uk is only on season 1, bloody great show, but its starting to drag, fed up with constant flash backs on peoples lives, would prefer the story to move on a bit faster.

last episode sucked a bit, too much on sun/jin, not enough progress, but hey what can you do.

balloon dude, he seems a bit "off", not sure what he is, it appears there are 3 groups of people on the island now, lost crew, others and the scientists, i think the others and the scientists are different groups, question is, is balloon guy an other, a scientist or a genuine balloon guy, he should be off'd either way.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
steve45 said:
love it, i have to download the episodes as uk is only on season 1, bloody great show, but its starting to drag, fed up with constant flash backs on peoples lives, would prefer the story to move on a bit faster.

last episode sucked a bit, too much on sun/jin, not enough progress, but hey what can you do.

balloon dude, he seems a bit "off", not sure what he is, it appears there are 3 groups of people on the island now, lost crew, others and the scientists, i think the others and the scientists are different groups, question is, is balloon guy an other, a scientist or a genuine balloon guy, he should be off'd either way.
My original guess was that he was one of the original 2 hatch dudes. One we met when they opened the hatch..the other guy we have no story on...

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Transcend said:
My original guess was that he was one of the original 2 hatch dudes. One we met when they opened the hatch..the other guy we have no story on...
hmmm, intresting theory.
been trying to think back to other flash backs and such to see if i remember seeing him, but i cant think of any.

were still to find out what happened to desmond.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stevew said:
What happened to the Deadwood quote in your signature?
or maybe I am mistaken....

Jack Bauer needs to shoot more women in the leg for information. Maybe then I will watch it more than once.
No you are not mistaken, I love Deadwood as well, but in typical HBO fashion that make about 8 episodes every 2 years. Well, at least they don't suck.

As far as Bauer, tune in next week when he chokes the girls he loves.
Seriously.:)

So does anyone have atheory about what is actually happening? I though i had it figured out for a little bit. I don't remeber what happened in the plot, but it went out the window.

Here's what I think may be going on after the 'med lab' episode.

The whole island is an experiment. The Dahrma Corp is usuing people as lab rats, obviously. Dahrma is planting the idea of global plauge/destruction to see how far they can get people to 'obey' one simple idea- enter the code and save the world.
The idea of the bunkers being connected was planted in the episode where saiid and Jack went under the bunker. The one with Kate's boob's, after the shower. mmmm....
The tail people were in the second bunker that was obviuosly destroyed. What the function of that was, we don't know. If it was the same, someone or group tried to find out the consequences of failure. What happened, we don't know. Yet.
I thought the others were trying to self propogate their existence and their bunker. They only took the strongest and the young, like Walt. people with the best chance for survival and longevity.
Then there was something that completely knocked that idea out. I don't remeber what it was though.
In the med lab episode, you got to see in the lockers that there was special effects make up and haggrd clothes from the guy that took Walt and confronted jack when they took the guns from them. You also saw that same guy talking to Ethan in the doorway of Claires' room, without the makeup. He refers to someone in charge. "If HE finds out..."
This again puts me to believe that it is still one big experiment. What the theory is, I don't know. I keep coming back to a Lord Of The Flies type thing. Nothing will actually happen if you don't press the button, but there are consequences. The lockdown show next week should be enlightening.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
I think they're just gonna have weirder and weirder **** happen, until the show gets cancelled, and they dont have to explain it. It would take 2 more seasons just to explain everything from here on, without the flashbacks.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
So does anyone have a theory about what is actually happening?
my theory is that there is no plot, they just keep making up weird s**t and sort of string it together.

speaking of hookups, will Claire take Charlie back? What about Locke, he's looking a little lonely these days. And when will everyone get truly sick of Jack's micromanager style and tell him to STFU?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I used to watch the show. Actually up until the last couple episodes. I couldn't stand the fact that ABC would air one new episode, then two weeks of reruns, then one new one, then another week of reruns. It was so annoying.

I've stopped watching the show, but either follow up with friends or just read the recaps. It's faster, and way less aggravating for me. TVgasm.com has good detailed, and funny recaps of the episodes.

The only show I watch all the time is 24. Nonstop season! Although I've been in Japan for the past two weeks, so I've missed a bunch of episodes.