Quantcast

? about Rock n Roll chain lube

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
That's my new all-time favorite lube for my conditions. It doesn't cake in between the links and it really cleans up a gunked up chain on the first application. I recommend getting a bigger bottle because you end up going through it quickly.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I use Rock n' Roll blue all the time now. In dry and dusty conditions, I only need to apply it every 3-4 rides. In normal conditions, every 2-3 rides. In wet conditions, every other ride. It's like magic. I don't understand how it doesn't leave crap all over the cogs and chainrings, yet stays between chain links quite durably.

I find prolink washes off before I'm even done my ride in muddy conditions. I guess it's ok in dusty conditions (Moab, Fruita). But here in the north east, not so much.

I hear Boeshield is good too, but it's too rich for my blood.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Dumonde Tech Light is betta! (I'm in cali so dust is my main concern)

Rock N Roll Cable Magic is made with real magic and I love it.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I used Dumonde for a while, but ended up back with Boeshield.

The only thing about Boeshield is you have to apply it after you get back from a ride, and not right before. If you do that, you're in good shape.

dezhamer16

Chimp
Dec 7, 2007
we have boeshield(t-9) at the shop, it's ok... i prefer rock and roll for my personal bikes though.

the blue or the gold both work great.

and if you're whining about the cost of chain lube... maybe you should pick a new hobby.