Quantcast

Absolute classics??!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
DAMN STRAIGHT!

brave captain was one of the best songs... I still break out that vinyl now and again!

** edit** sorry wrong album for brave captain, but I think "Hear Me" is classic off of If'n!
Yeah....Brave Captain was off "Flyin' the Flannel" I can't believe that there is someone else out there that even knows who these guys are. We must be the only two people left in the universe......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeah....Brave Captain was off "Flyin' the Flannel" I can't believe that there is someone else out there that even knows who these guys are. We must be the only two people left in the universe......

no it was off of Ragin Full on, but every one of their albums is Key to life as we know it:twitch:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeah....that's right--Ragin: Full On. My bad......You hear Mike Watt is playing bass for the new Stooges album?

I didn't hear that, but that is sweet!

stevew said:
Their best song was either "She Paints Pictures" or "two Dudes Relatin to Jazz".
I think those are both good choices, but I also like "walking the cows", "chemical wire" and basically anything off of "FROM Ohio"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ok, great movies, music, books.

What about other stuff?

Moab, Whistler? Jackson Hole? Bull Dog in Amsterdam? Aureole restaurant in Mandalay Bay Las Vegas? Tour of the White House? Navy Pier in Chicago? Colleseum in Italy?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Army of Darkness

Ash: Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?

Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and ****... and Jack just left town.

Ash: Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and ****... and Jack just left town.

Ash: [to the Witch] Yo, she-bitch! Let's go!

Ash: Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby.

Arthur: Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?
Ash: Nope. Just me baby... Just me.

Ash: Come get some.

Ash: Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.
Possessed woman: Who the hell are you?
Ash: Name's Ash.
[cocks rifle]
Ash: Housewares.

Ash: [voiceover] Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I *am* king.
[Ash grabs girl close]
Ash: Hail to the king, baby.
[Ash kisses the girl]

Possessed Witch: You found me beautiful once...
Ash: Honey, you got reeeal ugly!

Ash: Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Do I really have to say more?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

Eating stroopwaffels and drinking strong coffee, totally stoned out of your mind in Holland.

A long ride on a cool day on damp trails with a few friends - pizza afterwards.

AC- DC's Let There Be Rock on VHS with popcorn and beer.

Falafel in Berlin at 3am after a show.

Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath turned up till the speakers are frying.

The Empire Strikes Back

More later...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Really?

I found "On the Road" just a retarded tale. There were moments of fascination and exploration, but otherwise, monotonous, irresponsible slide of idiocy.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Movies:
Night Watch, Dancer into the Dark, Event Horizon, Seven

TV Shows:
Metalocoylpe, Lost, Mythbusters

Books:
Choke - by Chuck Palahniuk

Music:
The Dear Hunter, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Dragonforce, Buck 65