Quantcast

Accident At Fort William World Cup Site

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fairly remote location to get to for rescue crews as well. It's no wonder they brought in that many helicopters. I wonder what caused the release to open before entering the station??

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Transcend said:
Fairly remote location to get to for rescue crews as well. It's no wonder they brought in that many helicopters. I wonder what caused the release to open before entering the station??

I'm guessing the clamp never fully locked, from what I've seen that's about the only way for it too. It is amazing how well those systems work for as complicated as it is.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I wonder what implications this will have on the 2007 Worlds and the rest of the DH season for the Scottish locals?

Do any of you guys know of any simliar accidents in North America.......i.e. closer times after accidents, health and safety BS, legal cases, bankruptcy etc....

If this has big implications for the Nevis Range could effect us big time?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hope they dont freeze their posteriors off up there hanging in the gondola waiting to get rescued, in bad weather it can take several hours to evacuate the whole line...

Chimponarope

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
UK
Wow, I really hope everyone is ok in the long run. I've used that a few times and it seemed one of the better ones (I hate heights and cable cars :dead: ). Hopefully it won't mess up the summer too bad for everyone up there (including me as I planned a trip soon).

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Doppelmayr has a pretty darn good safety record on thier systems, but with anything mechanical things go wrong a small percentage of the time. They do have a back up safety to keep the car from falling off if the clamp lets go. It shouldn't be too too bad to get all the people out, the lift doesn't look to high up, compared to somplace like mammoth where if you got stuck after that pole, it's a long ass way down. All ski resorts train the ski patrol to rescue people from the lifts. Suck they're stuc, it could be worse. Couple be an open lift and winter, that would suuuuuuck.