Quantcast

Accomodation in Northstar this summer?

NickZ

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Sydney
I'm coming to N* for a few days this coming summer, just wondering where to stay and how much it costs per night for a budget place to stay. Just trying to get an idea of how much the trip will cost.

Thanks!

Nick.

D

dwnwrd

You can get a condo at N* with 2 free lift tickets. I stayed almost right under the lift. The bad thing is you can't check in until late in the day so that can be inconvenient. Cool thing is you'll get access to the pool and hot tub to relax in and soak your wounds.

sapdesigns

Chimp
Dec 22, 2004
nor cal / sc
I agree keep your eye out for a condo deal on n*. Summer is there slow season. We got insane deal last year $100 a night with 2 tickets per day. Doesn't get much better than that. Otherwise truckee is the best bet for budget lodges and motels.

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
I stayed in the condos, it isn't very pricey at $100 each, and you get free lift tickets each for each night and free lunch tickets which both at up to like $42, even though the food is pretty expensive. :cool:

NickZ

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Sydney
Thanks guys, would I look out for those condo deals on the N* website? Sounds like a good deal, I really want to stay in the vilage.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Psh, I got a shell on my truck, and I'm just gonna camp out.

Any good campsites within 10-20 minutes of northstar? If not, I will just camp in the parking lot............

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
chicodude01 said:
Psh, I got a shell on my truck, and I'm just gonna camp out.

Any good campsites within 10-20 minutes of northstar? If not, I will just camp in the parking lot............

This one is about 1.5 miles from the entrance to N*.

There are a lot of campgrounds around the area, you'll have no problems finding one nearby. I camped up there a bunch this year.
I'm too cheap for Boreal. :D

NickZ

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Sydney
Thanks for the help guys, I'm coming from Australia, buying a new bike and heading up to N*, I don't think driving from my accomodation to N* is much of an option for me unless I get a rental car, the village sounds like the best choice.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
NickZ said:
Thanks for the help guys, I'm coming from Australia, buying a new bike and heading up to N*, I don't think driving from my accomodation to N* is much of an option for me unless I get a rental car, the village sounds like the best choice.
Yes, that then would be your best bet.

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
Yeah the village is the way to go! I stayed in the condos just about every weekend I was up there (9x I think). If you can get into the "SKi Trails", they're right under the lifts. You can ride in and out super easy from there. Just keep in mind it's super mellow at the village at night during the summer....as in completely dead. But the pool and hotubes are great after riding all day. Or going big like Acadian.

Well, last summer was my first year up to N* and we stayed at the condo's. Seemed like the way to go. If you can get a group of people together, it gets cheaper for everyone.

On a side note, I hope you're planning on going later in the summer this year because the amount of snow we're getting right now is gonna take a LONG time to melt.....

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Acadian said:
I think we're going to get a late start at N* this summers....time to book tickets to either Whistler or Bootleg.

Forget waiting for summer...Bootleg trips will be occurring during the winter :thumb:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
kidwoo said:
True.

Tomorrow for instance.

Bastard :angry: ;) I bet it won't be as much fun as sitting in a cubicle for 8 hours.

Have a great time...hopefully, when S.C. decides to free my frame, I'll be able to make a road trip.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Acadian said:
hahahaha...was it Lincoln? What a cool guy! :thumb:
woah, how do you know link?!

TheMontashu said:
Me, manzi and, dex picked up a guy from australia who stayed for like 30$ some where
He stayed at a hotel in Truckee for like $50. Then I had to drag his ass down to San Francisco so he could stay at my brothers house in Vacaville for 2 days, then into a hospice in the City for $15/night. yup.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
manziman said:
He stayed at a hotel in Truckee for like $50. Then I had to drag his ass down to San Francisco so he could stay at my brothers house in Vacaville for 2 days, then into a hospice in the City for $15/night. yup.
you know you were more than happy to do it