Quantcast

actually contributing something riding related

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shot this last week at Sayreville. Had the park to myself which was pretty cool. The riding is nothing special (I wouldn't really consider myself to be anything close to a stellar rider), but its more an exercise in video editing (so any constructive criticism is welcome). Enjoy:

http://www.vimeo.com/2325882

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
wow i didnt know you got to sayreville, hit me up i ride there alot. You should also check out Highbridge. i ride there a lot too, beside my own trails.

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
thats cool. i just upgraded the editing software that came with my camcorder. the new version should be here this week. it kinda fun trying to put it all together eh?
that park looks fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thats cool. i just upgraded the editing software that came with my camcorder. the new version should be here this week. it kinda fun trying to put it all together eh?
that park looks fun.
Yea its pretty cool, most important things I was paying attention to were continuity and timing. I did all that editing on iMovie on my Mac, but once I get some debt paid off I'm gonna upgrade to Final Cut Express. FC Pro is too far outta my budget, especially saving for the new Superco DH bike :biggrin: That and I wanna improve my editing skills before I upgrade to something more powerful.

I'm always looking for some new hardware goodies too. FWIW My cam is a Sony DCR-HC96 (miniDV). Nothing professional, but it works. Its the high end of what's considered their "home use" models.

I shot the entire video using a .45 wide angle lens with a macro adapter. After seeing t1maglio's lens thread, I really wanna save up for a baby death lens, and see if I can hunt down another lens in between (maybe around a .3 WA) and maybe a more powerful macro for shooting in tighter spots. But I've got other priorities first. My current setup is sufficient for the time being.

nice lil clip.
i really need to make it over there.
Thanks. Lemme know when you go. Sayreville is like 50 minutes from me.

Jerseydirt, Yea i've been there like 3 or 4 times since I moved in state right before Halloween. H-town park is a little closer to me; I can make it in about 40 minutes if there's minimal traffic. Plus this time of year indoor is a crucial option.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nope, i'm sad to say that i dont. the guy sounds rad.
He's a cool guy, definitely a character though. He rides a brooklyn ACL and is at the jump park a lot so I figured there was an off chance you might have met him.

I'm trying to get him to hop the train to Sayreville to ride someday, he said there's a station only 2 or 3 miles away.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
what train goes to sayreville? whats the name of the stop?
can one hop this train from NYC?

not many ACLs out there - the only one i know of is ansons himself.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what train goes to sayreville? whats the name of the stop?
can one hop this train from NYC?

not many ACLs out there - the only one i know of is ansons himself.
Closest station is South Amboy. Its the North Jersey Coast Line. You can get it from Penn station (newark or NY)

My buddy Nick from Thrashbike had obtained an ACL b/c he's been doing some photo work for Brooklyn. Al got it from Nick when Nick got his Tonic.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
hey, i was trying to figure this out myself... but cant seem to googlemap this skatepark. since i would be biking from South Amboy stop to it.
i want to plan a little trip there these next few days since i have time off for thanksgiving plus the weekend comming up.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
V-dig: If you can get a posse with a car, Sayreville is a good double-header with Incline Club, which isn't much further from the city (by car).

-R

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
**** yeah I know that dude, he's awesome. He rides a tonic 24. I forgot his name.
Alex. He doesn't ride the Tonic tho, that's Nick (from Emerson/Thrashbike). Al has the brooklyn. We all go way back. Nick is just getting back from SoCal, we might be heading into the city for a night of riding/partying gnar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if u do make it to the city, let me know. would love to hit the streets w yall on my tonic or kink.
Before inviting anyone out, we must preface it with a disclaimer... after riding, the booze flows. To put it in perspective, our old hangouts in Rochester started serving us rum and coke by the pitcher because they couldn't make them fast enough for us otherwise.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Alex. He doesn't ride the Tonic tho, that's Nick (from Emerson/Thrashbike). Al has the brooklyn. We all go way back. Nick is just getting back from SoCal, we might be heading into the city for a night of riding/partying gnar.
I could swear Alex(with the thug lite tattoo) had a tonic, I know nick though. njdirt.com

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
if he did that's news to me!!! then again i've only seen him once since I got back east, and the was the last day of the season at diablo. he used to ride a p-street.
Thats weird maybe I was hallucinating. haha, you should check out highbridge this saturday if your available, there is going to be a big build/jam going on there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thats weird maybe I was hallucinating. haha, you should check out highbridge this saturday if your available, there is going to be a big build/jam going on there.
I'm still gonna be in Baltimore for Thanksgiving. Just found out a buddy of mine lives at the shop/park he works at and got a filming session set up for friday night. Good times.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I'm still gonna be in Baltimore for Thanksgiving. Just found out a buddy of mine lives at the shop/park he works at and got a filming session set up for friday night. Good times.
:shakefist:awwwwww. well i was going up there on friday to build/maintain the jumps for an hour just to pre-game and ride.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
the "new" incline was a bit intimidating, i must say.
thinking about hitting up sayreville park tommorow noonish....sunday 28th
u think it will be dry/snow free? should be 60....
anyone want to meet up and ride zee ramps?

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
the "new" incline was a bit intimidating, i must say.
thinking about hitting up sayreville park tommorow noonish....sunday 28th
u think it will be dry/snow free? should be 60....
anyone want to meet up and ride zee ramps?
yeah everything beside the little street course is intimidating, I only did three tables in the big box line, those were ****!ng huge. Even the roll in to the foam pit was a tad bit scary. But the actual pit is awesome.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
my first time at sayreville, what a great place.
fun bowls, nice 1/4, nice lil grind box, a few options over there to nibble on for sure.
glad i brought my 20, 24 would be a bit much there...

i'm deffinately going back again and again.