Quantcast

Adding a shrader to an OEM Fox DHX 4.0?

misterfish

Chimp
Aug 25, 2007
Is it okay to add a shrader to my oem shock. The shock came on my 06 sx trail. Its a DHX 4.0. Is it worth the hastle to reasearch? Please foward any info. Thanks.

misterfish

Chimp
Aug 25, 2007
My shock has an plug where the shrader should be. I Guess Fox made this specifically for Specialized. My question is . Would it hurt if I added a shrader if it did not come from the factory that way.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
My shock has an plug where the shrader should be. I Guess Fox made this specifically for Specialized. My question is . Would it hurt if I added a shrader if it did not come from the factory that way.
Check clerence first, you may bust it off the first compression.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Probably not a good idea as is. Just because it looks like there is only a plug where the schraeder valve should be doesn't mean you can just remove it and insert a valve. You may be able to replace the entire end of the reservoir with a new piece that already has the valve installed....but that's probably something that if it could be done, should be done by Fox.

I'd say just leave it as is, you can reduce the Pro-Pedal with it's knob still, so work from there. Personally I think having all the extra adjustments that come with the DHX 4.0 & 5.0 are somewhat unnecessary if your suspension is setup correctly. They are nice to have, but the gains you get by having them aren't that great.

Just my $0.02......anyways, if you don't like the way the Fox feels, just get it pushed or buy an Avy.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The reason they did that is that the valve smacks into some part of the bike under full compression. It's not a normal DHX4. It's got BO adjustment, but no boost valve, right? Nothing you can do about it, unfortunatly. The good news is that at least the pressure is custom tuned for your bike, since those are some oddball shocks Fox made for Spesh.

ocguy2004

Chimp
Feb 12, 2008
just wondering if you replaced the endcap to allow air adjust to the boost chamber. i have a specialized 2007 enduro expert with the same situation and was wondering hte same thing. thanks.