Quantcast

Adios, amigos

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Hey everyone. I sent this message out to about a zillion people via Email this morning, but I figured there were another zillion or so friends on Ridemonkey whose Emails I didn't have. See you all down the road.

--John

===========================================
Friends-

Sorry for the anonymity of this mass Email, but there are so many good friends out there I wanted to contact that it would have taken me weeks to put together thoughtful Emails to all of you.

Anyway, I am resigning from Evil/e13 effective Thursday of this week, and I wanted to take the opportunity to say good-bye to you all and pass along my new contact information. I know this will take a lot of you by surprise, as I helped found and build this company into what it is, but for a number of different reasons, it's time to move on.

I'm already in the process of founding a new company outside the bike industry, and for what it's worth, I'm looking forward to it with a lot of enthusiasm. I don't want to give away too much of the surprise of what I'm doing next, but check out www.guy-trips.com when you get a chance, and you'll see what I'm up to.

I'll be available at this Email address for the next week or so, but after that, please contact me at johnp@guy-trips.com. I look forward to hearing from all of you over the coming weeks, months, and years, so please keep in touch!

Happy trails,

John

John Pentecost
Business Director
e.thirteen components/Evil Bikes
98 Preble St.
Portland, ME 04101 USA
Tel. 207-772-3132
Fax. 207-772-3163
www.e13components.com
www.evilbikes.com

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Jeremy R said:
Maybe now you can post more here and make fun of people like you used to.:)
That may be one of the biggest perks of this change in career! ;)

Thanks for the well-wishes.

--JP

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
DRB said:
You're becoming a pimp?
I've always been a pimp. It's just that now I'm going to get paid for it. ;)

Seriously though, Guy-Trips is simply going to be a travel service geared towards groups of guys who want get together, travel someplace cool, and have the time of their lives. We're developing a pretty massive database and criteria-rating system that will help our customers plan trips as laid back as drinking beer and golfing in South Carolina with a bunch of your local buddies, or do something as massive as getting your buddies from all over the world to join you for some back-country heli-biking in B.C. . . . and everything in between: want to get the guys together for an SEC football game? No problem. Interested in rounding up the boys for a music festival in Memphis? Easily done. How about a Guy-Trip to go surfing in Panama? No sweat.

We'll gear the trips for you to be as mild as something you could theoretically take the wife and kids along on, or as wild as something where you may want to destroy all evidence of the trip ever having taken place. We'll offer fat discounts on flights, hotels, rentals, you name it, and back it all up with the same customer service model I developed here at evil/e13 - basically, way better service than you expect and local knowledge (best places for cheap beer, good pizza, great waves, perfect trails, hot chicks, etc.) so that you get the most out of your trip.

The point of it all is that we're only young once, and we've got to get out there with our best friends and live it up while we can. You only get one shot at life, and as Mick Jagger said, "this ain't no dress rehearsal".

Hope to see all your names on the mailing list!

--JP

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Can we organize a trip to one of those gay dude ranches where you go to montana and have a bunch of promiscuous cowboy sex with strangers?

Good luck man. You've been a great help in the past when dealing with evil/e-13. I'll be looking foward to checking out some travel options with you guys for sure. Knowing that you're a real biker puts some validity to the kind of travel I'd want to do. (biking, not that other stuff with the chaps)

cheers

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I don't blame you for wanting to set up a travel deal being from Maine, it's like the opposite of the world over there :) But that's a genius idea, as long as the prices are reasonable groups of guys would be good for it. If you haven't noticed not all riders are smart enough to setup hotel/air/and extra activities on their own.

I just wanted to say thanks for answering questions/emails about E.13 stuff. It was so nice (not even the right word) to have someone that could answer product questions right here on the boards. There's not many places you can go and get all the head guys of a product line to answer questions. Thanks again for being able to do that!

DsDhBxracer13

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
Burlington, Vermont
John, I wish all the best for you in the new career. Does this mean we will see no more of you at all, or will you still come to some races just to have a good time and race. Thanks for all the support over the years and good luck.

Jade

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
what can i say but good look with that new business youre forming, im sure youll have a great time and sincerely hope it works out even better than e13

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
John,

Sorry to hear about your resignation from E13 - I imagine you've put a lot of heart and soul into this company, so I was shocked to hear that you are leaving. E13 has really come a long way over the years, so you will be missed there I'm sure. Take care, and good luck on the new business venture.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Good luck, always nice to see people get out of the bike business alive.
I do wonder though if the domain name doesnt sound a bit "brokeback-ish"...not that I have a problem with the gays. ;) But just sayin.

At any rate, best of luck John-

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stiksandstones said:
I do wonder though if the domain name doesnt sound a bit "brokeback-ish"...not that I have a problem with the gays. ;) But just sayin.

:stupid: <--- to all points

good luck, john. it has been a pleasure doing business with you over the years.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wow, John, that came out of the blue! Good for you to be starting a new business.

It's always sad to see great people leave a company that they've been an integral part of, but it's awesome to see them try something they could really love. It's always been a pleasure to deal with you @ E.13, I wish you the best of luck in your new venture. Keep us posted (pun intended)!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stiksandstones said:

You guys should work together. He could plan the gay trips for the guys and you could sell them some jeans. Mad loot to be made.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Good luck Coasto.

This makes me sad, not sure why but it does.

Hope everything works out in the new endeavor.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Hey everyone-

Thanks a million for all the friendly wishes. The new biz should be a lot of fun, if nothing else. Seeing as I've been planning trips for all my buddies for 6 or 7 years now, I think I've got a pretty good idea of how to do it so that the price:fun ratio is really solid.

I'll still ride as much as, if not more than, I always have, so I'm sure I'll see a lot of you at the races, Whistler, and out on the trails.

Thanks again, guys!

John

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
john, best of luck in yr new venture! who is gonna handle business and legal stuff for e13?

thanks for all yr help in the past, and hope to see you on the dirt again sometime in the future.

sharkdh

Monkey
Feb 12, 2006
in the area
stiksandstones said:

wow Stik..thats the first time I actually agreed with a post from you on all points. More importantly Good luck John.
I hope your new venture is a flaming succe$$.