Quantcast

Adjustable Head Angle for all 1.5" Head Tubes

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
^That looks sick! My only worry is the 17" seat tube.
Seattube length means nothing. Standover is all that matters in that area. Unless you're under 5'5" That's perfect. I agree the 6.6 SS is what you need. Just make sure you run a though-axle if it used 10mm drops. QRs on 6.6s are crazy flexy. You can move the side be side inches by hand. The regular 6.6 definitely requires a though axle. I'm not sur what the drop-ou options are on the SS both jus make sure it's a through.

Dude have you looked at the canfield balance? What about the Corsair Marque with a headangle that can be set as 66 degrees. A 160mm All-mountain bike with a 66 degree ha sound like what you want.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Seattube length means nothing. Standover is all that matters in that area. Unless you're under 5'5" That's perfect.
I was a bit unclear there, sorry. 17" is too short for me. I'm 6'1" and lots of leg, and with a 410mm post at full extension I can barely get leg extension out of an 18.5" frame.

Dude have you looked at the canfield balance? What about the Corsair Marque with a headangle that can be set as 66 degrees. A 160mm All-mountain bike with a 66 degree ha sound like what you want.
I like the Corsair stuff a lot, but I really want to have a VPP or a DW link right now. As for the Balance, 14.5" BB height is not my cup o' tea.

Really what I'm into right now is either a 6 point or a Nomad with a slacker HA.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
great part meca!
looks like another usefull
tool that should be on all
bikes with 1.5 headtubes.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
great part meca!
looks like another usefull
tool that should be on all
bikes with 1.5 headtubes.
Man, I love your approach! Most bike builder/engineers are so conservative it drives me nuts (yes, I understand and respect why they are conservative). Innovation at a fast pace should skin a few knees!

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Nope, they only worked for the 127mm head tubes on the Sundays. There were only 5 or 6 sets made total.

Dave
DW I was hoping to talk to you about a few things, and this just reminded me. I lost your email. Can you PM me?

Lars

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Very cool.

Anyone have any pics of Scott's new adjustable DH head tube set-up?? I saw a small pic in Decline. Looks simple and sweet.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
What about doing just one of the cups offset? The upper or the lower,
It will be easier to install?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
pretty sure i did, let me just check that.

edit, yup it is. its very subtle but its there. i built the plane for that sketch off the line that you can see, so i can just change the angle of the line and everything else would adapt.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
My friend is making headsets that change the HA.
If you want info contact me in private message.
He made me one for my Sunday, now my sunday HA is 63.5

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'm posting a reply here in case meca06 still checks this forum. Does anyone here know his email address or anything? I sent a PM as I'm keen on getting some cups, he seems to have made headtube-length specific designs, with options to vary the head angle by 1 degree or 1.5 degrees... sounds perfect to me, but I can't get ahold of him.

Meca06 if you see this please check your PM's (top right hand corner), if anyone knows his email address, please PM it to me! Thanks.