Quantcast

admin password

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
My bro is having trouble with his step-son. When my bro password protects his computer his step-son just boots it into safe mode, changes the admin password, and reboots. Is there anyway to prevent this? He is using XP by the way.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Depending on the machine, hit "Delete" or maybe "F2" while booting to enter the BIOS. Set an admin password in the BIOS.

The machine won't boot to Windows or anything else without this password.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Depending on the machine, hit "Delete" or maybe "F2" while booting to enter the BIOS. Set an admin password in the BIOS.

The machine won't boot to Windows or anything else without this password.
Thanks, will tell him that.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
A password anywhere isn't going to stop him from using the computer, because chances are, the kid knows three times as much about the computer than his father does...and probably knows about a certain mobo jumper.

Decent parenting will, however, help in this issue ;)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
...and probably knows about a certain mobo jumper
It'll stall him long enough for step-dad to dip the belt in salty water before smacking him across the eyes with it.

Fvcking kids.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My bro is having trouble with his step-son. When my bro password protects his computer his step-son just boots it into safe mode, changes the admin password, and reboots. Is there anyway to prevent this? He is using XP by the way.
Actually, even better than a beating:

Divorce.