Quantcast

advanced notice: log those miles

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
At the end of the month, I'm going to ask you roadies how many miles you logged... so get riding!

And it will NOT be a contest. Just log miles that make you happy. If SM or Heidi or whomever get double or triple than us mortals, so be it.

PS: Anyone gonna be in Santa Fe, NM next weekend?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Lets see.......If the weather gets better I say 500.

But if its stays the way it is now ( RAIN!!! ) I say maybe 200

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Well seeing as I am training for Ride Around the Bear next month......probably end up with about 1000 miles by the end of the month.

mtnbikej

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
LordOpie said:
are you getting that bike?
I'm not really in the market for a road bike - I'm still enjoying my Raleigh International. All the same, I'd seriously consider the Prestige if and when I get to that point. It's light, fast and forgiving...looks good too!

My roomie works w/ Raleigh and he brought it home and said I need to ride it. I'm conveniently unemployed at present, so the next decent day we get around here will see me jumping on that bike for a 4+ hour ride to see what she's really got.

I sense a lot of un-logged miles coming on.:)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I have 2034 miles for the year and a 170 for the month already. I’m going to really start cranking up the miles starting this month, hopefully. Ps miles=hours. I’m more concerned with saddle time than the actual miles.
Of the 2034 1/3 are trail miles.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Logging miles is for queers.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Well I can give you an estimate before the month is over...

I've got 58 hours of riding scheduled for this month. Most of that is real easy riding with a couple races and a couple tempo workouts per week.

So I'll probably ride about 986 give or take 50 or so.

FreeHueco

Chimp
Nov 9, 2003
Bay Area
196 for the month, and 2600 on my bike since I finished building in September.

I predict mass mileage starting tomorrow, since the weather finally looks to be getting back to a normal pattern. No rain until October!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
mattv2099 said:
Well I can give you an estimate before the month is over...

I've got 58 hours of riding scheduled for this month. Most of that is real easy riding with a couple races and a couple tempo workouts per week.

So I'll probably ride about 986 give or take 50 or so.
thats a lot what are you racing 3's/2's?

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
The Toninator said:
thats a lot what are you racing 3's/2's?

It's not all that much. I'm in base and training for cyclocross. I race B class in the ECC series and I'll be racing expert XC this summer. In june I'll start doing criteriums in cat 4 (I'm new to road racing). I'm primarily doing low intesity endurance riding right now with the occasional race thrown in for fun. When I start doing intervals and more intensity my weekly hours will drop.

I don't have a job and have nothing to do all summer so I'm putting some serious hours on the bike.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
my buddy races CX he's pretty good. He's really in super seceret training mode right now and does local hotshot rides on his mtb pulling his daughter.
ooo there's some mad rhodies when he's around.

FreeHueco

Chimp
Nov 9, 2003
Bay Area
The Toninator said:
my buddy races CX he's pretty good. He's really in super seceret training mode right now and does local hotshot rides on his mtb pulling his daughter.
ooo there's some mad rhodies when he's around.
I used to see this guy pulling a trailer around town on his tandem (he was riding the tandem solo). That boy would haul (25+ on the flats).

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
mtnbikej said:
Well seeing as I am training for Ride Around the Bear next month......probably end up with about 1000 miles by the end of the month.

mtnbikej
You looked at the profile for that after Tim talked you into it, didn't you? :D

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Silver said:
You looked at the profile for that after Tim talked you into it, didn't you? :D

Yeah, after I bailed on the Vision Quest......I started kicking myself for not doing it. So I started to look into Ride Round the Bear. I think it will be a great warm up for the 12hrs @ Summit 2 weeks after.

mtnbikej

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
mtnbikej said:
Yeah, after I bailed on the Vision Quest......I started kicking myself for not doing it. So I started to look into Ride Round the Bear. I think it will be a great warm up for the 12hrs @ Summit 2 weeks after.

mtnbikej
What kind of gearing are y'all using? Anything special?

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Silver said:
What kind of gearing are y'all using? Anything special?
Think we are gonna cheat and use 11-32 mountain cassette. I normally run 12-23 so this is gonna feel weird.

There are a couple of people running 10spd so the easiest they can go is a 27t I believe. So they might be a bit of the hurt locker.

mtnbikej

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A bumb knee and work travel have kept me off the road for the first three weeks in the month and I'm resting up the rest of the week for the Burn 24 so all my road miles for the month were logged in this weekend for a total of 150 miles. 75 on Saturday 75 on Sunday.

Saturday was a large group ride, fairly easy pace most of the time but I managed to hang with the lead group of 3 other people and the last 20 miles were all around 25-30mph, grueling. Did it all in about 3.5 hours.

Sunday was a trek up into the mountain roads. About 9000 ft of climbing, with one long steep at about 19% grade. My stupid triple didn't even have enoug gear to let my tired legs get into a spin. This trip took about 4 3/4 hours.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I just ride about 20 miles at lunch about 3 days a week. Then usually 30-40 miles on one of my days off and 20-30 miles after work on Sundays. So about 110-130 a week when I am not traveling or busy with a photo shoot.

Blieb

Chimp
Apr 14, 2003
In Yo Face!
500+ miles for May. I should probably have hit 600-700 but I took several days to rest.

I have a polar HRM, so that's how I know :P ... I didn't bother to add up which were mtn miles and which were road though :) .. crap, now I'm gonna :

140.9 were Mountain (8 rides) ... so 370 were road (7)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
:(

I only got 350. Very sad considering I did three rides that were 75, 80 and 105 miles.

This month will be different! ROAR!

Did 25 tonight, got two centuries coming up this and next weekend. I need to increase my mid-week riding.

TO EVERYONE who was pleased with thier mileage, whether 50 or 500... CONGRATS!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Commuting alone, I got 200 miles and I put in 150-200 recreational-ish miles in on the side. About 30 hrs. on the mtb - most of it a couple of weekends ago (and the Mon & Tues that followed). Not bad considering I did very little riding in the first week of the month.
Feeling very good with summer just around the corner...epic road and trail rides are oh-so-near.:cool::D:drool::dancing::thumb::heart::evil: