Quantcast

Affordable no fog goggles?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So I'm going to whistler with some friends about 5 days after I get back from a cruise in Alaska with my family...And this will be my first time going to whistler. Well on top of ordering some body armor and a new chain (not to mention tires for when I get back) I need goggles...and need to order them today so I get them for whistler.

I have a specialized Deviant full-face and am looking for goggles that will fit in them, a clear lens, and something that wont fog after hours of sweating and riding. I dont need anything super fancy, but I would like to be able to order my chain and goggles together (I order my armor direct).

Anyhow, post away...what are the best, most affordable, strongest, and no fog goggles out there?

*Feel free to post links to "good deals"*

Thanks!

EDIT: Spy Alloy MX Goggles any good?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I've had GREAT luck with Dragon(prob ANY, tho) DX snowboard goggles. Any dual lense should be awesome.
My latest pair are Fox Mains. I didn't really like at first, but I live in the South Dakota where it get's hot and REALLY humid and rather than fog, they got this nasty greasy film on the inside. However, I just wore them in my first race in the mtns and basically had them on almost non stop for two days straight(like 10 runs non-stop on the 1st day) and not one single issue, and not even a hint of fog. Prob pick em up for like $40 on Ebay. Made by Oakley...

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
OAKLEY!!! O frame clear lens $30 bucks any moto-X store. Work great, only fog after sitting still for more than a minute or two, but all goggles do that.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
start with a new helmet!!!!!!!! that helmet is an xc helmet with a chin guard and should never be sold as a dh helmet!!! light weight dosent really mean its good.
Quit being an idiot and talking out of your ass. The specialized deviant is one of the only helmets to pass the new ATSM 1952 downhill standard. Go away.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
start with a new helmet!!!!!!!! that helmet is an xc helmet with a chin guard and should never be sold as a dh helmet!!! light weight dosent really mean its good.
Dude...its a freeride helmet, I crashed damn hard today attempting a new step down out of a berm we just built...its mint, and did the job.

As for the goggles, I'll look into the Oakleys, I love my half jackets...so I'm sure their goggles are nice.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
i've had really great luck with utopia goggles. mine don't seem to fog at all, and the lenses are fairly scratch resistant. maybe i'm not breathing hard enough? go with the slayer mx or the too dirty mx if you want to go that route.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
buy whatever goggles you want, take the lens out spread toothpaste all over the side that goes inside, wash off, reinsert lens Problem solved.

Its nice having scuba friends.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
OK... HOW....in the F*CK... do people figure sh*t like that out???? I mean seriously!
And does it matter what brand, flavor? With or without whitening? Wouldn't baking soda possibly scratch the lens?
That's weird...

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
OK... HOW....in the F*CK... do people figure sh*t like that out???? I mean seriously!
And does it matter what brand, flavor? With or without whitening? Wouldn't baking soda possibly scratch the lens?
That's weird...
Not gana lie...thats a crazy idea...

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Oakley MX goggles and that helmet work well. Been running that combo for 2 seasons, and the goggles rarely fog up at all.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i picked up a pair of thor mx gogs at a moto shop for $15-20. they were a little on sale, but i think the regular price is still something like $25-30. they aren't the sharpest looking when compared to spy and other well known companies, but for the price, i don't think there is anything better. they're strong and the optical quality is surprisingly good. they fog a little bit when you sit still, but that was only on the one day in whistler that is was absolutely pouring all day. it was a relatively warm storm too. i have my eyes set on the new adidas with the wood frame. too bad they're something like $170.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i've had really great luck with utopia goggles. mine don't seem to fog at all, and the lenses are fairly scratch resistant. maybe i'm not breathing hard enough? go with the slayer mx or the too dirty mx if you want to go that route.
they don't fog but jesus i go through a lense a month. they scratch so much.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
The tooth paste does work. I know because Ive met some scuba divers who do the same thing. Just get the cheap stuf with out the baking soda, that isnt to abrasive, not the super heavy duty stuf. That will scratch the lense.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Cat Crap works real well (that's really the name of it) - -it's an anti-fog mad for ski goggles. Makes any lens anti-fog for a couple or three bucks. Most any ski/board shop carries it.