Quantcast

After Thx giving Windrock

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
90% sure I'm going. Last weekend there ruled!

Hey Butch, come ride with us. Stop feeling like a left out Bizatch, LOL.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
90% sure I'm going. Last weekend there ruled!

Hey Butch, come ride with us. Stop feeling like a left out Bizatch, LOL.
Thanks brother. I'm revisiting the confines of Pisgah these days on the trail bike. Sold my DHR frame and am assembling a new "sled" for the spring.;)

For now, I can ride most tough stuff all around and do some shuttle stuff in Pisgah, local and Wilson's, but the skinny rims on the trail bike would fold at WR.
[/IMG]

bhigdon101

Chimp
Nov 23, 2010
alabama
i am looking for a new bike for a little down hill action, live close to ttc and not to far from windrock, and woundering what everone rides at these two places, 6 in travel all mountain or prue dh bikes...

give me a few bike names and setups for the two places... i have looking for a while and not sure what i need...

was looking for a do it all bike but dont know if it would live at dhing...
thanks for your help..

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
i am looking for a new bike for a little down hill action, live close to ttc and not to far from windrock, and woundering what everone rides at these two places, 6 in travel all mountain or prue dh bikes...

give me a few bike names and setups for the two places... i have looking for a while and not sure what i need...

was looking for a do it all bike but dont know if it would live at dhing...
thanks for your help..
What's your skill level? I've only ridding windrock three times and every time I've seen mostly full dh bikes but one or two guys on am bikes. The guys on am bikes seem to get beat down pretty quickly, can't ride some sections and over all seem to have a rough time. Not saying you can't do it and have fun, but I wouldn't. If you're a hack like me then It's good to have lots of suspension, slack angles, and big brakes. There really aren't any beginner trails there. However the local crew seems to be building some sweet new am trails.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
pure dh bikes for both of those tracks dude. Biggr Beefier solid ride. Dual Crown Fork. 8"
plus the angles are set up for the steep terrain at both venues as well as any other good stuff in the SE I'd say.

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
pure dh bikes for both of those tracks dude. Biggr Beefier solid ride. Dual Crown Fork. 8"
plus the angles are set up for the steep terrain at both venues as well as any other good stuff in the SE I'd say.
:thumb:

Dh bike for dh. Trail bike for trail. Road bike for road.
All the brand's 8" travel perform close enough that u would prob be happy with them all. I've riddin quit a few and haven't found one I hated. So which ever one looks sweet to you

bhigdon101

Chimp
Nov 23, 2010
alabama
last question for me, sorry for the hi-jack thread but didnt want to start a new thread about "what bike do i need for windrock"...

the question is how would a nomad carbon with a 170mm coil on front and a fox coil in rear with flows laced to some hopes hold up to w.r. and t.t.c. that would be the two i hit the most i live about 20 mins from t.t.c....and 1.5 hr.from windrock....
sorry for all the newbe questions but i dont think my jamis xam ll would hold up to well.. and the head tube angle is like 68.5 with 160mm travel, it dont feel stable on rough,rock trails,wants to walk around some....

thanks for all the help...

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Just walked in the door and I'm beat. Those 2 taters I ate took a toll on me for the drive home but you were right Doug, I stayed warm. Good times today fellas.