Quantcast

Against Me!

hydro422

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Ogden City
its ok. not that great, not that bad. i didn't expect much of this anyway with it being the their major lablel debut. those generally suck.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
its ok. not that great, not that bad. i didn't expect much of this anyway with it being the their major lablel debut. those generally suck.
After listening to it a few times, it doesnt seem as bad. It just seems that they are getting away from what made them unique. Vig did the same thing to Nirvana.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
After listening to it a few times, it doesnt seem as bad. It just seems that they are getting away from what made them unique. Vig did the same thing to Nirvana.
I thought it was good, Different from the rest but good nonetheless. I am really diggin on the ocean and piss and vinigar. I dig the eternal cowboy style a bit more myself, but the new one is a keeper.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Oh yeah. The new album is definitely good, but if you're stuck on the old sound, it's definitely disappointing. I do like it a lot more than Searching For A Former Clarity, too.

Oh, and you're right. I've come to dislike how 'Vig' works on these albums. I was hoping that this would be less produced. The songs are still catchy, though.

I think it might be a little lame name dropping here, but if you like AM!'s older stuff, you should check out Andrew Jackson Jihad. I saw them live a couple nights ago and, besides being awesome cats, they put on a good show.