Quantcast

Ah...military security in Canada...(an anecdote)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
This is neither here nor there....but in the shop right now there a Canadian military 412. I assume it's in for maintenance or something. (It's a newer version of a Huey BTW)

Anyhoo....it's full on military spec with all sorts of nasty extras hanging off the side. Now I'm pretty certain, if this were the US military, there was be armed guards around it 24/7

But all there is on this is a blue 6" x 8" sign dangling from the tailboom that says "authorized personel only".....and not a soul in sight.

Oh well. (And NO I don't have pics)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
From the time I've spent in Anerica Jr. (Canada) I've learned that Canadiens are generaly a freindly respectfull and trustworthy bunch. That doesn't surprise me very much at all. It's not like it's sitting out in public, it's in a hangar and that hangar is probably behind a fence. Also who knows mabye the gear on it isn't top secret, so they just aren't too woried about sombody trying to gain access.

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Probably no ordinance on it. If it did it would be guarded. There is really nothing out of the ordinary (avionics or optics) speced on these helicopters.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Worked with Canadians on some stuff before. It always impressed me how they would pull their F18s into the hanger (at end of day) lock it up and split. Just made sense...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
Worked with Canadians on some stuff before. It always impressed me how they would pull their F18s into the hanger (at end of day) lock it up and split. Just made sense...

when will you learn ?? freedom isn t free....

better to pay people big money to stand around rather than secure with locks :rolleyes:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hold on amigo, who is making big money?? What do you know that I dont? Only the weather controller people make the tall $$$...
The rest of us live with XTR tastes, on an LX budget...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
Hold on amigo, who is making big money?? What do you know that I dont? Only the weather controller people make the tall $$$...
The rest of us live with XTR tastes, on an LX budget...

we are millionaires... :rolleyes: nomad taste - huffy budget at the mo' :)