Quantcast

Ah, spring!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Everyone was whining about how the trails would be muddy so we had to do urban. I have had my fill of riding downtown, so I decided to check out the trails, if it was too muddy I'd just call it a day and work on getting my Kona built back up.

Well it turns out the trails are in PERFECT shape, not a speck of mud on my bike after a nice hour ride. Hope everyone had fun hucking off curbs :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rode pavement yesterday....37 miles, 2.5 hours. Wifey and I just got back from some Spring skiing at Mt Snow, and I have a 9:00 hockey game tonight.

Tomorrow morning is going to be rough. :dead:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Lucky you Echo. A lot of what we ride is still covered in snow down here. I've been working on some singletrack in the backyard that is very dry though. It's not technical at all but it will be nice for doing a few laps after work.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
I actually did have fun hucking my road bike off curbs, meeting up with my urban riding buds and then eating pizza, drinking beer and watching all the hotties stroll up and down Park Ave.....all while basking in the warm sun. :nuts:

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
I rode up to Harris Hill twice over the weekend. A nice qwick jaunt to get my legs in shape after a long winter. It was AWESOME and I thought I'd feel it today...nope!
I LOVE SPRING!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
ell bee said:
I rode up to Harris Hill twice over the weekend. A nice qwick jaunt to get my legs in shape after a long winter. It was AWESOME and I thought I'd feel it today...nope!
I LOVE SPRING!
2 times up Harris hill??? Damn nice Job ell bee :thumb:

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
It felt really good to get out on the bike. Dave (eastcoastzigzag) is jealous, as he was studying for finals all weekend. I did it in just over an hour up and back on Sunday...Saturday was a bit longer...I took about 1.5 hours. Oh, I'm working on my Bunny Hop too. Rode some curbs and steps on campus a few days last week too. I'm getting ready for Diablo :devil: ....we'll see if I can go, the weekend Dave wants to go is a big weekend on campus. :nuts: My job sucks!

Which Harris Hill?

Harris Hill Chautauqua NY summit unknown Gerry 42.171ºN 79.194ºW
Harris Hill Chemung NY summit 1752 feet Seeley Creek 42.104ºN 76.896ºW
Harris Hill Erie NY town/city 727 feet Lancaster 42.965ºN 78.678ºW
Harris Hill Essex NY summit 2211 feet Witherbee 44.022ºN 73.601ºW
Harris Hill Genesee NY summit unknown Byron 43.085ºN 78.020ºW
Harris Hill Oswego NY summit unknown Hannibal 43.292ºN 76.522ºW
Harris Hill Otsego NY summit unknown New Berlin South 42.542ºN 75.281º

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
johnbryanpeters said:
Which Harris Hill?

Harris Hill Chemung NY summit 1752 feet Seeley Creek 42.104ºN 76.896ºW
Definetly Chemung. I can see it from my back porch. Well done ell bee for early in the season. From Elmira you could ride up the back of Harris Hill, fly down the front side, hang a left on 64 over to 352, then left on River Road, left up Stegee Hill Rd, then a left and your on your way back to Elmira. That will give you a good hill workout and a nice little loop. We used to ride that loop last summer when the trails were so wet.

ell bee

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Olean, NY
Mike B. said:
Definetly Chemung. I can see it from my back porch. Well done ell bee for early in the season. From Elmira you could ride up the back of Harris Hill, fly down the front side, hang a left on 64 over to 352, then left on River Road, left up Stegee Hill Rd, then a left and your on your way back to Elmira. That will give you a good hill workout and a nice little loop. We used to ride that loop last summer when the trails were so wet.
Mike,
Thanks for the Info. I ride over from the college, up the back of the hill, then just come back down. I'll drive your route atleast once with the car before I attempt to get myself lost on the bike though. :confused: