Quantcast

Airports...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Phoenix gets my vote for the biggest clusterf*ck of an airport.

Who needs a shopping mall when they're getting on a plane? How about shorter lines and better baggage check. Show up 4 hours early for your flight and you might make the gate. :disgust:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm surprised Charlotte has made it on some of the good lists of airports to fly into.

Philadelphia is always fun to fly into.

that is kinda the impression I got flying into Gunnison! I looked around for the security measures but didn't find any! I did see some guy holding a hand held metal detector:clapping:
yeah that is the opposite of redmond though.....in redmond you are more likely to get locked up for carrying something slightly off than for making it trhough security unscathed...I swear it is one of the most difficult airports to make it through security with everything you showed up with...

oldbroad

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
New England
worst
st maarten unbelievably cramped. no room at all.
The old cramped one is gone.
The new one is bigger & cleaner, but the service is still as slipshod.

We were there in Nov. and we took a puddle jumper over to St Kitts for a day trip. They lost my back pack that I had checked. There were 8 of us on the plane.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
suck:
IAD - commute is terrible
FRA - chaos. pure chaos. the rental car garage is 8 million miles from nowhere.
RIC - sigh.
NRT - commute is terrible
EWR - refuge camp
DIA - commute is terrible
Any airport in India or Italy

good:
DUS - 5 minute walk to the train station and then a 7 minute ride in a brand new train. pure heaven.
Changi - I love singapore.
Coppenhagen, Basel (assuming you can figure out whether you are in France of Switz) and München are cool too.