Quantcast

Alex Vectra T2 anyone?

Dec 19, 2005
Baldwin County Alabama
I want a new wheel set and I've been looking into the Alex Vectras. Anyone have any experience with these? I weigh about 200 lbs and I ride mostly downhill and freestyle stuff. They would be going on a Gary Fisher Genesis. Thanks

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
"Alex builds unbreakable wheels" It says in the ad. OK, alex triple walls with 48h drilling are tough, but they are also stupid heavy, and a measure more compact and small, so that doesn't mean that this wheelset will be tough.

This wheelset will die if you jump on it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
chevyfixerdude said:
Thanks for that! That's what I wanted... an informed opinion. Thanks Bro. I'll look into something different.
Those wheels are definanly NOT downhill wheels. They are super lightweight XC-type wheels.

Sorry some people are a little bit sarcastic around here, you'll get used to it ;)

If you want some good wheels look into somthing like This.
Those are pretty expensive, but thats the kind of thing you should look for.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
zedro said:
geez the sarcasm does get bad in here, i'm not sure what side you're even on.

Those rims look interesting tho, using oversized straight pull spokes.

http://www.eastonbike.com/WHEELS/models/wheels_AM_Havoc.html

yeah i was not quite clear, I think the Eastons look great and a very well designed wheel may not need lots of spokes to be strong, knowing easton they will be impressive, thats pure e-specualtion though.

Dec 19, 2005
Baldwin County Alabama
BigMike said:

Sorry some people are a little bit sarcastic around here, you'll get used to it ;)
Thanks dude! I'm not a huge forum type guy but I've been to enough to know you get all types here, and it's real easy to talk crap when hiding behind your monitor. But I do appreciate ya'lls input.