Quantcast

Alexi Grewal admits to doping

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
wow! Is he any relation to the mountain bike racer Rishi Grewal (you know the guy who used to ride for Klein)?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Snaps. Who isn't doping?

Coors was a domestic team, right?
Yup. The fact that he admitted doping taints Rishi Grewals accomplishments, at least to me :(

<edit> Can everyone stop admitting to doping so I can live in a fantasy world and think its just natural talent??

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
so does this mean that our kick ass performance in the summer games in LA were a lie? guess a few olympic medals may be getting returned soon.

What's it matter? Everyone else was hopped up, and we beat the state* sponsored programs.

edit -- 2004 looks like it was a banner year at the Olympics.

*China, Russia/Eastern Europeans

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Lemond will come out say:
"Ha! I told you everyone was doping! This is why I couldn't win the Tour more than three times, everyone started shooting up!"

In all honesty if I was in the same situation I woulda doped. When you have your team manager and doctor telling you its the way and everyone else on the team is doing it, the pressure is immense

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
We've been souping up cars for years, why not cyclists??? Let em stab the veins.

I'm all about drugs anyway.

i'm with you on this one. since it's becoming such a problem, let em do it and just asterik all the records from that point on. pre doping and doping years. not that the pre part will mean much, but at least it could stand for the legal/illegal years.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
i'm with you on this one. since it's becoming such a problem, let em do it and just asterik all the records from that point on. pre doping and doping years. not that the pre part will mean much, but at least it could stand for the legal/illegal years.
We could have PD and AD, pre doping and after doping :biggrin: I'm in favor of stopping testing; look at the article that came out recently saying that HGH at best causes no performance gain and at worst has a negative effect on performance. Imagine all of those cyclists that have tried to use that drug to get an edge and it turns out it could have been hurting their performance, kinda makes it a wash.

Here is the article for reference:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23677433/

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
We could have PD and AD, pre doping and after doping :biggrin: I'm in favor of stopping testing; look at the article that came out recently saying that HGH at best causes no performance gain and at worst has a negative effect on performance. Imagine all of those cyclists that have tried to use that drug to get an edge and it turns out it could have been hurting their performance, kinda makes it a wash.

Here is the article for reference:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23677433/
PD and AD works for me.