Quantcast

ALF making a comeback? Are you kidding me?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
eonline said:
This just in from the home office in Melmac: The 7,385 signers of the "Bring Back ALF" online petition letter have finally gotten their wish.

The furry, cat-craving extraterrestrial star of the 1980s NBC sitcom, most recently spotted slumming it for long-distance services 10-10-220 and 1-800-COLLECT, has just landed his own show on Nickelodeon.
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13155,00.html

Good Gawd will it ever stop?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Oh, I thought it said "ALF making a camelback?"

I don't approve of Alf making either a comeback or a camelback.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Anyone here seen the movie Permanent Midnight starring Ben Stiller?

It's a true story about the guy that invented Alf.
It's a great movie, really shows how f'd up some people can be.

(don't expect a comedy)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
No...but its only about 32 days till Seed of Chucky comes out!

You must promise me you will see Shaun of the Dead!

I laughed my ass off it's so funny. It's like Evil Dead meets Dead Alive!

Did you see anacondas yet?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
NO! did you? it IS my birfday next week so maybe I can talk a certain someone who doesn't want to see it into taking me!
There is NO AMOUNT of talking I could do to get someone to sit through that with me! I think it's headed for the $ theater soon.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
stosh said:
whats even more funny is that you read E-online.
Actually, I don't read E-Online. It's much, much, MUCH worse than that! I was listening to Jamie and Danny in the morning, and they were phone interviewing Alf his d@mn self! Then I Googled "Alf talk show" or something like that and E-Online popped up first.

So which is worse? Reading E-Online or listening to Jamie and Danny? :think:

Oh yeah, I lost possession of my balls months and months ago. I left 'em in ALF's camelback.

J

JRB

TN said:
"HA! I kill me!!"

sorry, i couldnt resist.
I wanted to, but I thought it wouldn't be that funny not saying it. I was right. It wasn't. ;)

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
You know, it kind of freaked me out too! I totally forgot about the cartoon until I read this thread, and while I was thinking I'd type "set on his home planet", I just typed "Melmack" instead. Weird.

I lived so far out in the boonies as a good we barely had any TV reception either, so I haven't even seen Alf very many times.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
zod said:
That fact that you remember the name of the home planet deeply disturbs me towelie :p
The fact that he didn't indicate it was Alf's home planet, but you recognized it anyway, deeply disturbs me...

As far as Seed of Chucky goes, Britney Spears is involved in a flaming car explosion in the movie, so I'm game.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I always lmao, most off the times i saw ALF on tv. I always stayed home for it, and never mist a episode. I don';t think it's bad i he is making a comeback.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
towelie said:
You know, it kind of freaked me out too! I totally forgot about the cartoon until I read this thread, and while I was thinking I'd type "set on his home planet", I just typed "Melmack" instead. Weird.

I lived so far out in the boonies as a good we barely had any TV reception either, so I haven't even seen Alf very many times.

Alf Cartoon was about as pointless as the Toxic Avenger Cartoon.

J

JRB

Lefty said:
I always lmao, most off the times i saw ALF on tv. I always stayed home for it, and never mist a episode. I don';t think it's bad i he is making a comeback.

Did you skip English class to watch it???

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Lefty said:
That's a really bad comparison. :angry: The toxic avenger is really the most pointlles cartoon there is outhere.. :dead: It hits rockbottom. :dead:

When you say outhere?

Hmmm do you mean Cool World, Roger Rabbit?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
towelie said:

It's ok that you know ALF is from Melmac....Alf is the name the family on earth gave him....does anyone know what Alf's name on Melmac was? Scroll down for the answer....

Gordon Schumway

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
It's ok that you know ALF is from Melmac....Alf is the name the family on earth gave him....does anyone know what Alf's name on Melmac was? Scroll down for the answer....
Gordon Schumway

I have come to the conclusion, from the music, movies and TV you like that you must spend a large portion of your time stoned out of your mind.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
Gordon Schumway- I didn't remember that one.\

You know, the Alf cartoon wasn't only set on Melmack, but it was also set before he came to earth- his early years. This prequel aspect was very valuable to the Alf series, providing the vital back story and insight necessary to gain a better and deeper understanding of the condition of Alf, just as the Pac Man cartoon gave me a much greater understanding of the social dynamic between Pac Man, Inky, Pinky, and the other ghosts as well as his relationship with Mrs. Pac Man.

OK...who can come up with some other obscure 80's toons?