Quantcast

All you wakeboarders out there

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
So I'm in the market for a new wakeboard. I'm on a piece o' crap cheap obrien right now and I desperately want to upgrade. What's a good board that'll do everything? I'm not like crazy on one at the moment but my girlfriend and I are both really into it and will finally have a ton of time this summer, so it will definitely get its use.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
So I'm in the market for a new wakeboard. I'm on a piece o' crap cheap obrien right now and I desperately want to upgrade. What's a good board that'll do everything? I'm not like crazy on one at the moment but my girlfriend and I are both really into it and will finally have a ton of time this summer, so it will definitely get its use.
As much as I love Ridemonkey, I don't think this is the "board" for your questions. Try skiboatmonkey or wakemonkey. :D

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Well I figured seeing as it was just "the lounge," which to me implies "hey, sit down, open a cold one and lets have a chat," that I would be alright just asking a random question as such. That said, do those actually exist? lol

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Lol thats rough. Shoulda sent some of that 5 grand of boards my way :D. Thats where girlfriends that love to wakeboard too come in though. So you got any ideas for me then?

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Merrrrjig: Size isn't really an issue, as I'll be the only one that uses it more than likely. I'm 6'3" 215 so I was thinking somewhere in the 140-145 range would do me fine.
Gonefirefightin: Well, what are my choices lol.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the 08 hyperlight murray and roam would be good, as well as a 08 byerly legacy, the byerly monarch is a little harsh but you can get used to it.

the 08 liquid force shane is pretty bad ass also

there are four choices that you will never grow out of.

another brand to look at is CWD, never rode one but have alot of friends who do.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
The Murray looks pretty slick, not quite sure on the Roam, pretty strange board. What do you think about the Hyperlite State and the Drive?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the state would be a decent board but I thought you said you were a freestyle type rider, those are more of a slalom board,

I think you would have fun on the roam if you snowboard, I loved that board and the murray were my go to boards, or a shaun or bonifay series

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Believe it or not I'm a skier, so I'm not sure how well the roam would work out for me. But you sound pretty sold on the murray, so I'm definitely gonna take a harder look into that one.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Oooo ouch, I looked at the murray today, the site I was on didn't have any prices. I can't swing that much for a board. I'm kinda on a budget of between $350-$400. I probably should have mentioned that earlier.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Well, I can't even dip into my own college fund, I'm in highschool lol. I can't swing $500 for just the board. At least not for the '08, I might be able to find an '07 or '06 for cheaper though. I can only go about $300 bucks on the board itself, cuz I conned my parents into paying for the bindings.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
I honestly can't spend that much money. I could pick up an '07, they're significantly cheaper, if you think it's worth it.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
eBay is a good call though Brian, some pretty good deals on there. No '08 Murray though, just a buncha '07's, which still seem pretty nice, waiting for an opinion yet though.