Quantcast

Alltenatives to the Banshee Morphine??

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
Well I've been looking into a Banshee Morphine lately for pretty much a do-it-all bike. I ride alot of street/park/DJ and also alot of FR, the bike will be set up with 150mm up front. But I'm thinking that the morphine is alittle to large and "boxy" for street/park/dj type riding. So besides the imperial and the .243 FR what other frames should I look into??:clue:

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Transition Vagrant!

I've had mine for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. It feels comfortable around the hood and right at home on the trails. I've ditched the DJ2 for a 66RC2X at 150mm, added an Xgen front deraileur and the bike is perfect.

Chris

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
You guys think that the Vagrent would handle DJs/Skateparks better than the Morphine.

Also I was looking into the Mountain Cycle Rumble. I really like the 06 model better than the older ones because of the drops. But I can't stand the paint jobs. I saw a MC Rumble on google but I don't know if it an 06 or 07. And I saw a site selling a brown 06 rumble but it was a very unreputable site.

So where can I get this frame?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i would say they are pretty similar. i remember seeing grant breshears riding a morfine for his dj bike, but im not sure if it was all freerided out.

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
The Morphine isn't all that heavy, not sure what it weighs but it's less than my Ridge SS. Albeit my Ridge is a medium and my wife's morphine is a small it's still a noticable difference. I'd say go for the Morphine, her's has a Pike on it so with the U-Turn she can go from urban settings to trail settings with a few turns. I really like both frames but the Ridge is very burly and more of a Freeride hardtail where the Morphine is better with dirt jumps.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
sinister actually changed the ridge a bit, frank the welder said that he now has it at about 70% XC and 30% freeride. for skateparks and anything of that sort, a vagrant will not be the best. i'm going to be getting one, but i'm not a skatepark or dirt jump nut, i like to freeride mostly. the mountain cycle rumble is actually a good bet, contact mountain cycle at the email listed on their site, those emails are going through to an address of a guy that is behind mountain cycle for 2007. he has a couple of rumbles that he built up for crankworx i think that he is willing to sell, and at a good price too. they have deity stuff and a bunch of nice parts like XTR, marzocchi, etc.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I have a small '04 Mountain Cycle Rumble for sale, white in color. I too hate the new paint choices, I like the white one I have. It's brand new, never built it up, bought about 6 months and never had the cash to build. Bought a Banshee Scream instead. PM me if you're interested.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i will have to say that the morphine is alot of bike that is for sure but i will also say that it was the most solid bike that i have ever owned in my life.

btw it works fairly well as a do if all bike if you got some really strong legs. i suggest a light frame such at their scirocco. it can handle most all the abuse and is still a killer ride. i have one as a xc bike for a while though not so good for that i wish i have a smaller one. if i did it would have replaced the morphine that i have at the time

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
Well thanks for the imput guys.

I just ordered a brand new 2006 Morphine frame off ebay for a super
sick deal.

I'n the end it came down to the Morphine and the Vagrant, but went with the Morphine because the geo. seems better for park. The Vagrant has super long chain stays.