Quantcast

Almost Live Deer Valley Race Photos and Repots!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Just walked the course. Same as last year, but after those log jumps you can drop onto the ski course which is pretty crazy, or take the old course, ill have the update in 2 hours or so

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice lookin' course. That rock garden is gnarls.

Do they let bikes on the ski jumps? Has anyone hit those?

xc skier

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
Bicyclist said:
Do they let bikes on the ski jumps? Has anyone hit those?
Well in winter the skier's speed before the take-off ramp is about 56mph on a large hill so good luck for anyone who tries that on bike :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you can thank mine and around 250 other Expert/Pro riders bikes for making this section rideable the first year. We were all nice enough to go through and hit the Rotweiler size rocks with our chain guides and pedals and break them up for the rest of you so that they're just baby head sized now. No really....we were happy to do it for the riders. :love:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
bizutch said:
you can thank mine and around 250 other Expert/Pro riders bikes for making this section rideable the first year. We were all nice enough to go through and hit the Rotweiler size rocks with our chain guides and pedals and break them up for the rest of you so that they're just baby head sized now. No really....we were happy to do it for the riders. :love:
Was it Alpha Project that had the footage of Nico going through there at ludicrous speed? that was nutty!

.thumper.

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
Wow - that course looks like so much fun! Now I'm having to rethink my decision to boycott this race. Oh well.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hardest part of the course the first year was Spin Cycle. They literally just taped off a gully that was super steep and ran us back and forth it on 180 degree uncut turns.
The first left hander had roots that sanded up out of that soil and ran the width of the trail. They literally stuck up off of the ground around 1-2 feet high like a giant rope. You had to aim at the lowest part of the root with your front wheel.

On 1 practice run, the root lassoed my foot and pedal and flipped me upside down. I was suspended in midair off the bank by my foot. The course marshall sitting on his butt said "Hadn't seen that happen yet."

LOVED THAT COURSE!!!!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The course may be fun, like all of the national course so far this year have been, but it's the Team Big Bear pinheads that ruin the events....

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SuspectDevice said:
The course may be fun, like all of the national course so far this year have been, but it's the Team Big Bear pinheads that ruin the events....
We laughed at them on the 4th. Asshats. Their trailer is REALLY ghey.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Seriously though, you have promotions company that is so incompetent that they get their own mountain shut down by the Feds, and let them loose to F-up MTB racing for the whole country... A#1 primo idea...

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Just got home, and im too tired to post stuff, but minnaar won as you probably know. I will post photos and stuff tomorrow when I wake up very late, bye