Quantcast

Alright, Pandemic/Zombie outbreak. Choose One Vehicle and Three Weapons.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
What I find really funny is that I am now seeing a "zombify" yourself add on the side banner. I am sure its due to all the ZOmbie talk here as of late.

FWIW... reason for shooting zombies Sniper style from your compound is purely for entertainment purposes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I did enjoy this mealtime conversation about what happens if my neighborhood was overrun with zombies.

Me: I'd love it if the zombies took over. I would become the Warlord of Bernal Heights.
Friend: I wouldn't want to be alive in a world where you were the warlord.
Me: (with a wink) Trust me, you won't be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Y'all want to see what the zombie apocalypse will look like? Just go to your local grocery or department store on senior discount day around 10:00 AM. More shuffling, drooling and groaning than you can handle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ahahaha. little review i wrote a few years back. my grocery store was next to a retirement community in laguna hills.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stater-brothers-lake-forest#hrid:f8VfRGuzQEiHVbOqTISN4g/src:self
Nice.

I too once lived near a retirement community. After getting laid off I wandered into a grocery store at the wrong time in the middle of the week. I was terrified, if I had a weapon on me I would have massacred dozens of grandparents thinking z-day went down. Fortunately I figured out it was safe after 3:00 or so, they all go home before school lets out to make sure kids don't go on their lawns.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When I was sixteen I worked in a grocery store that was down the road from a retirement home. Twice a week they would bus a group of them into the store. Being a 10 min. trip some of them would have to use the bathroom as soon a they got there.

They would explode before getting anywhere near the toilet. And guess who got to clean up after them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I was sixteen I worked in a grocery store that was down the road from a retirement home. Twice a week they would bus a group of them into the store. Being a 10 min. trip some of them would have to use the bathroom as soon a they got there.

They would explode before getting anywhere near the toilet. And guess who got to clean up after them.
I've always worked at places full of old dudes. Learned along time ago to not use the bathrooms after the old codgers had lunch or their first cup of coffee. I don't know what they ate, but it always came out smelling like pure evil.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Y'all want to see what the zombie apocalypse will look like? Just go to your local grocery or department store on senior discount day around 10:00 AM. More shuffling, drooling and groaning than you can handle.
Try the Kwik Stop in Boron California, corner of 58 and 395, at around 0400 any morning. Thats where they got the inspiration for "The Hills have eyes."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It is one of the big reasons why zombies, which unlike vampires and werewolves, has zero sex appeal, is hugely popular: it doesn't take very much to see how many zombies are around you in real life.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
For me... Stealth and Mobility are key to surviving Zday and beyond.

Light Armored HMMWV with diesel hybrid upgrade, float kit, and ballistic glass
- quieter
- extended range
- mobile
- can run on veggie oil if need be
- roll down hill with brakes slightly on to charge main battery

M14 with suppressor in 7.62NATO with Mars6x-4 NV Scope
- 20rnd magazine
- common caliber means more available ammo
- quiet enough to snipe at 500yards without drawing too much attention
- large enough caliber to down medium sized game

MP5SD
- 30rnd magazine
- common 9mm ammo
- accurate and quiet
- high rate of fire
- reliable

Sig .22 Mosquito with removeable suppressor
- easy to clean
- hunt small game at close range quietly
- a headshot within 15 yards still penetrates a skull = dead zombie
- ammo can be found at your local walmart
- ammo most likely left behind by looting big caliber mongers
- 500rnds weigh an measly 4 pounds or less
- nearly silent with suppressor (just hear brass hit ground)

I'm still sticking to my choices... anyone wanna revamp theirs?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Westy pointed out the usefulness of the cricket bat and with the optional Westy blade attachment, that would be a handy weapon to add.

BS and I drooled over these a while back (it's diesel)