Quantcast

AM/FR clipless shoes - Scott All Mountain ?

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
So, after 5 years of hard use in trail and FR riding and trailbuilding and changing my riding requirements I want to retire my Speshi XC shoes.

I intended to buy SP Trail 110 shoes because of their quality and shape that was supposed to suit my feet very well. But this week I found out that Specialized has changed the shape and proportions of their shoes to fit longer and narrower feet better, so they aren't good option for my old-fashion feet any more.
So, I'd like to ask those of you who used to ride older SP shoes and now moved to different shoes for gravity riding, which are they? I'm seeking for good foot protection against mechanics and water, stiffer sole, durability, of course a slot for my TIME ZControl cleats ... and skate style or SH Star-Trek style aren't my cup of tea.
What about Scott All Mountain shoes? Are they similiar to older SP shoes in sole shape? Sizing similar? I can hardly find a shop in my area where I could try them. They aren't gonna climb on loose surface as if they had spikes but perhaps they're gonna better sit on a platform pedal when unclipped. Thanks for any help.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Everyone wears Shimano or 5.10? :think:
Not on a trail bike. I have the Minnars, and holy hell, they are by far the WORST clipless shoe I have EVER worn. The sole feels like it's the same as the impacts, it's not nearly stiff enough. Within probably 10 minutes I can feel the cleat through the bottom of the shoe every pedal stroke, after an hour, hot spots, and after 2 my feet are killing me.

I love my impacts but the 5.10 clipleess shoes boarder on retarded design wise.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
^^ Funny...

I have Minnaargh's and I love them... Must be my petite* asian feet : shrug :

* (I'm 6'1" lol)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
^^ Funny...

I have Minnaargh's and I love them... Must be my petite* asian feet : shrug :

* (I'm 6'1" lol)
I find they are cool on the big bike with some DXs (or mallets) but I'm running flats on the DH bike now, and they kill my with my little times on the trail bike

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
My first and the biggest concern is shoe sole shape and proportions so shoes for example by Shimano are completely unsuitable for me.
I admit that I was running crank bros mallets and the interface was not good between the shimano shoes and them. I'vesince changed the XTR trail pedals: they work great.