Quantcast

Amanda Batty leaves PinkBike

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
from a site that sold shirts to guys who like 7 inches in the rear.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ridemonkey is the classiest mountainbike forum out there, unless you are looking for information about mountainbiking.

.However, if you are a biking enthusiast looking for crack baby fighting, we can't be beat.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I have tried to post on pb. But the general malaise of rock dumb brodudes and tweens who act like they fight over less shit have made this place my domain.

Besides you fuckers know a good joke, and appreciate it. If forums were comedians. RM is George Carlin, PB is Lisa Lampineli after a dick and whiskey bender and MTBR. Well we all know MTBR has no sense of humor.

long live you dildos.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yup PinkBike sucks. I stopped reading it a while ago. Its no different than the trendy assholes that hang out at the mall.

At least here at Ridemonkey you guys only judge others based on their poop control, car control, the amount they run and whether or not you took a goat to prom. Not if you have a vagina or penis between your legs.

More beer and tacos for all!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Another problem with PB is that its too damn big...an ADD kid like me cant handle so many choices.

Tried to sell some stuff there and all I got was stupid shit like "I'll give you (75% of your asking price) and you pay the shipping to Zimbabwe..." or "Will you sell me the wheelset for $40?"

I guess they cant/wont take dick jokes...this place is one big dick joke.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I went there once (PB) but soon realized that as of 1968 I was too mature and by the 70s way too demented for that site which would not even exist for another few decades. RM is a great place to hang out with a bunch of over educated smartass assholes that possibly own bikes but I would really enjoy shooting the shit and drinking beer on a hillside with.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I'm sure she'd love it over here on the Monkey

Hmm I'd say there is definitely also misogyny here too, just way more sort of cultural upbringing background and far less tolerated when openly obvious.

Mind you Batty does love a good argument, so I say invite her over and set her up in a web forums style cage fight with Syndasti.

:popcorn:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yup PinkBike sucks. I stopped reading it a while ago. Its no different than the trendy assholes that hang out at the mall.

At least here at Ridemonkey you guys only judge others based on their poop control, car control, the amount they run and whether or not you took a goat to prom. Not if you have a vagina or penis between your legs.

More beer and tacos for all!
It is easy not to judge people based on gender when there are only dudes, and whatever DaPeach is.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
She was a mediocre writer and overtly opinionated all while being EASILY offended. I'm not sure that it's misogyny that kept her from the front page of pinkbike, probably just that she wrote shit articles that always seemed to end with "Hug it out and go ride your bike".

I've actually been impressed with pinkbike's inclusion of women riders recently, and virtually none of it came from her. She'll be quite pleased with the shitstorm she created with this post, I'm sure. And then in a week we'll all forget.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Read her article......

She uses a lot of big words.
"Pinkbike lost their minds. I was vilified in the comments, called 'psychotic' and told I was 'defamatory'. It was joked about by other users that no one had been raped, and how dare I feel this way?"
There are 19 comments in that section. 5 of them are from her. The one really nasty comment was downvoted to -17. About 5 of them don't even refer to her responses. Here's her olympic article, which was so rudely not posted to the front page: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/ambatt/blog/bitches-brew-olympic-hope-amp-why-downhills-inclusion-in-the-five-ring-circus-is-important.html. It rambles for a bit and goes nowhere, besides saying "I think the olympics should include downhill as a sport". It's not particularly compelling, and it really isn't entertaining, either.

I'm not saying Levy's comment wasn't out of line, nor that pinkbike commenters aren't fairly stupid, at times. I'm just saying that I think she's heavily dramaticizing conclusions.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't understand all the vitriol. If you find her undeserving of your attention... then don't pay attention to her. Why create a thread about her?

I'm unmoved by her story, but her plight seems legit. she may not be the best ambassador for more inclusion in the industry, but at least she gave it a shot. no?