Quantcast

American idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
its on right now, i HATE this show to death. it is the worst show ever, and my mom and sister love it so it is all ways on. i just leave and go to my room. O god i hate this show

who else hates this show :mumble:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
an old college roomate (the nastiest and stinkiest one i ever) i had was the clon of the first american idol winner, the ultra-fat black guy.
i associate both of them.... i get nasty chills with that show....

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
I'm with Downhilln, it's funny watching people make idiots out of themselves, but the idea of a pop star or whatever is lame. They should have a heavy metal version of American idol or something. :think:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
ummbikes said:
You guys are just too cool. I'll revel in my lameness and enjoy the show.
The first episodes are good but when they get down to like the top 10 it starts to get boring.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
yojimborace said:
I'm with Downhilln, it's funny watching people make idiots out of themselves, but the idea of a pop star or whatever is lame. They should have a heavy metal version of American idol or something. :think:
They have that Ozzy show on one of the music channels with the bands trying to get on the Ozzfest, I think that is close to what you seek.

TV is your friend.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I caught a glimpse of it while my sister was watching...there was this insane bitch on, I think she's going to go home and plot to kill off the judges. She said she has..."voices". :think:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i'm with ummbikes on this one. i watch it every season with my mom. i even voted one year. its fun. i like to see people win. i cried last year when fantasia won.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I watch it sporadically. Sometimes I tape it and ride to it, it keeps me entertained on the trainer then.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
i'm with ummbikes on this one. i watch it every season with my mom. i even voted one year. its fun. i like to see people win. i cried last year when fantasia won.
Should I add this to my sig... hrmmmmm

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yojimborace said:

the really funny thing is that they are looking for good singers (hence the opening a capella round, where you can't hide behind a band or studio trickery), when in reality it's been shown that the majority of pop stars today cant' sing their way out of a paper bag.

and is it just me, but did whitney houston ruin pop singers w/ her style of hunting all over the goddamn scale for the note? that's seriously irritating. and everyone does it now.

J

JRB

I don't watch it, but it's not funny to me that people across the nation are bagging on someone that thinks they are incredible. Some folks are delusional and others that don't have the balls to try something they may suck at too are making fun of them. Lame really.

*I think that any *star* that would be a judge is a sell out and usually they suck more than anyone on the show.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
You folks need :help:........... :D

-S.S.-

I can't really bag on anyone who watches this show, since I am a big fan of the Surreal Life and the Swan...but I have to say this is one of the worst shows in my opinion. Is it me or do they always have people that HAVE to know they suck and they're just waiting to become the next William Hung? It's like hey, I'll go on there and make an ass of myself and someone will think it's funny and I'll get famous. Like I have no clue what the winner looked or sounded like this year...but I know who William Hung is...unfortunately...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
I can't really bag on anyone who watches this show, since I am a big fan of the Surreal Life and the Swan...but I have to say this is one of the worst shows in my opinion. Is it me or do they always have people that HAVE to know they suck and they're just waiting to become the next William Hung? It's like hey, I'll go on there and make an ass of myself and someone will think it's funny and I'll get famous. Like I have no clue what the winner looked or sounded like this year...but I know who William Hung is...unfortunately...
Ummmm.... I hate to break it to ya, Honey, but you're baggin' on people who watch the show. :thumb: :D

-S.S.-

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
I heard that anyone that wants to be on the show has to audition for the producers then the judges(simon cowell,fat black guy,and the wierd mexican chick).The producers pick the worst bad people to make the show more interesting.so it really isnt a search for pop stars, its a search for people to get humiliated(which is pretty damn funny). i agree yojimborace they do need a metal american Idol, they should have slayer be the judges. I'd most definately watch that show.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DownhillnDunkey said:
i agree yojimborace they do need a metal american Idol, they should have slayer be the judges. I'd most definately watch that show.
who would be the judges? here are my choices:

rick rubin
ronnie james dio
Ashley Bird (Kerrang! Editor)

if RJD can't make it, i'd have scott ian as backup.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
DownhillnDunkey said:
I heard that anyone that wants to be on the show has to audition for the producers then the judges(simon cowell,fat black guy,and the wierd mexican chick).
You are a complete moron.

Abdul?

Sound even remotely Hispanic to you?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
No...I win on this one...I said in MY OPINION...my OPINION could be completely off from someone elses OPINION...therefore...there is no right or wrong or baggin on goin on...just OPINIONS.
How about this:

In my opinion, people who watch reality TV are retards.

Would that be baggin' on you? :D

-S.S.-

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
SkaredShtles said:
How about this:

-S.S.-
ya i hate all reality shows. i didnt think they would make it and now it seems that is whats always on. OH god i hate my life

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
How about this:

-S.S.-

Reality TV is no worse or different that going to a movie, unless of course it's a real true documentary, or reading a fiction novel, or watching a sit com or any untrue tv show, or sitting on the internet all day...stuffy bastard!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
dh girlie said:
Reality TV is no worse or different that going to a movie, unless of course it's a real true documentary, or reading a fiction novel, or watching a sit com or any untrue tv show, or sitting on the internet all day...stuffy bastard!
Holy Crap! I just realized that documentaries are actually the purest form of reality TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.