Quantcast

Americans are obviously not fat enough, Krispy Kreme to the rescue

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Clicky

"We feel our expanded beverage offerings will provide tremendous growth opportunity for both the company and the Krispy Kreme brand," he added.
Not just a growth opportunity for them, but their customers too...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Just following what Starbucks started years ago:

1 Frappuccino (12 fl oz) contains 200 calories
1 Frappuccino (16 fl oz) contains 275 calories
1 Frappuccino Mocha (12 fl oz) contains 240 calories
1 Frappuccino Mocha (16 fl oz) contains 320 calories
(sizes below not specified)
1 Starbucks Butterscotch Frappuccino contains 330 calories
1 Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino contains 340 calories
1 Starbucks Chocolate Frappuccino contains 485 calories
1 Starbucks Coffee Frappuccino contains 260 calories
1 Starbucks Expresso Frappuccino contains 220 calories

---------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Burn Calories in Starbucks Frappuccino

About 55 minutes of walking (4mph) burns the calories in 1 Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If the 32-ounce Big Gulp fountain drink for 89 cents isn't big enough, 7-Eleven will sell you a 44-ounce Super Big Gulp for an extra 10 cents.

But why stop there? For a dime more, you can have the Double Gulp - a 64-ounce (half-gallon) bucket of soda-slurping pleasure.

Some recall when a small soft drink at McDonald's was 12 ounces and a large was 16. Today, what was large is small, and what was small is child-size.

Wendy's upsizes french fries into "Great Biggy Fries." Frito-Lay makes Big Grab bags of chips. King-size chocolate bars reign in candy stores. Cokes in soda machines may not be as big as the bottles atop Fenway Park's Green Monster - but they're plenty big enough at 20 ounces.

This is America, where bigger is still better. Snack makers, fast-food chains and restaurants know it.
Extra value packs on the pounds: Supersize that fast-food meal, - and you'll get fat, fast
2002-06-25
by Nanci Hellmich
Gannett News Service

Americans who think they are getting a great deal by supersizing a meal or buying the biggest soft drink are paying a huge price in terms of calories and are supersizing ``themselves'', says a recent report.

The report from a coalition of more than 225 national, state and local health organizations reveals:

-- A Gulp-sized Coca-Cola Classic from 7-Eleven is 16 ounces and 150 calories; the Double Gulp is 64 ounces and 600 calories. The Double Gulp costs only 37 cents more. That's 42 percent more money for 300 percent more calories.

-- A 3-ounce ``minibon'' from Cinnabon has 300 calories, compared with an 8-ounce classic Cinnabon with 670 calories. The larger roll is 48 cents more. It's 24 percent more money for 123 percent more calories.

-- A kid's scoop of chocolate chip ice cream from Baskin Robbins is 2.5 ounces, 150 calories and costs $1.26; a double scoop is 8 ounces, 540 calories and costs $2.88. That's $1.62 (129 percent) more for 260 percent more calories.

``It's penny-wise and pound foolish to order more food than you really want, just because it seems like a bargain,'' says Melanie Polk of the American Institute for Cancer Research, a member of the coalition called the National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity.

Americans are constantly tempted to spend a little more money for a lot more food, says Margo Wootan of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. But ``the price of food is not just how many dollars it costs you, it's how many calories it costs you,'' she says.

The report examined at the calories, fat and price of foods at fast-food chains, convenience stores, ice cream shops, coffee shops and movie theaters. Experts checked prices in five cities.

``Larger portions and value marketing encourage overeating and are contributing to rising obesity rates in adults and children,'' Wootan says. About 61 percent of Americans are overweight; 27 percent are obese or roughly 30 or more pounds over a healthy weight, according to government statistics.

An American Institute for Cancer Research survey found that 67 percent of people say they eat the entire restaurant entree most or all of the time.

Steven Anderson, president of the ,National Restaurant Association, says this country's 858,000 restaurant and food-service outlets provide a variety of foods in a host of sizes. Customers are value-conscious and want the freedom to eat foods they enjoy, Anderson says. ``We are an industry of choice.

``The obesity issue is a complicated one,'' he says. ``Blaming the food industry for obesity among some Americans is really swallowing a simplistic notion.''
five characters needed

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Double Gulp and KK 20 oz. not enough for you?

Baskin Robbins
Turtle Blast Large 32 oz. - 1010 calories 31g fat

Dairy Queen
Large Chocolate Shake - 1140 calories 33g fat
Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard 1320 calories 52 g fat

Ben and Jerry's, Haagen-Dazs, and Godiva
Rotten bastards don't list their ice cream shop nutritional info but they do have the standard serving information. Godiva doesn't list ANY nutritional information at all. Guess the marketing people are smart at those companies...

I'd like to know what is in a Vermonster;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
syadasti said:
Double Gulp and KK 20 oz. not enough for you?

Baskin Robbins
Turtle Blast Large 32 oz. - 1010 calories 31g fat

Dairy Queen
Large Chocolate Shake - 1140 calories 33g fat
Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard 1320 calories 52 g fat

Ben and Jerry's, Haagen-Dazs, and Godiva
Rotten bastards don't list their ice cream shop nutritional info but they do have the standard serving information. Godiva doesn't list ANY nutritional information at all. Guess the marketing people are smart at those companies...

I'd like to know what is in a Vermonster;)
None of that means anything. How many carbs do they have is the real question!!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I noticed at the movie theater when you ask for a junior sized popcorn they say you can get a medium for only 60 cents more...I feel like saying...what...do I look like some cheap f*cker? I just want the damn 2 cups of popcorn in the junior bag ok!
They're doing their job. Cut em some slack. Crap. btw - nice to see you around today. Thought you got all high and mighty and wouldn't hang out.
:D

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
After the advent of deep fried cheese, I was thinking deep fried mayo and butter would be million dollar ideas. Feel free to give it a try if youd like.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
derekbob said:
After the advent of deep fried cheese, I was thinking deep fried mayo and butter would be million dollar ideas. Feel free to give it a try if youd like.
ick. i seriously felt a wave of nausea just reading that :barfing smiley:

as for the drinks, who cares. they're just trying to be competitive. i get enough regular excersize that i can indulge myself every so often. trouble is, most people don't get any excersize and drink sh*t like that twice a day. fatty americans. if we ever had to have guerilla warfare in this country, it would be fought with fat people sitting on skinny little invaders and farting McDonalds farts in their face.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Gotta give the customers what they want.

Americans need those calories too, gotta have energy while sitting in traffic, at the desk, in front of the tv, etc.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Jamba Juice is just as bad. Have you seen the amount of calories, sugars, and carbs their drinks have? It's amazing and people drink those all the time thinking its healthy because its made from "Real Fruits"

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
What did they do, take some ice cream and throw it in a blender with a donut? I'd try it... sh1t, I've done it. Anyway, it would totally be worth my August allowance for saturated fats. Thinking about it kinda reminds me of the Hungry Man frozen breakfasts, ugh.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Can anyone say moderation fvck this no carb/no fat/no taste kick that we are on. I hate those weight loss pill commercials more than anything. just control your portions and watch what you eat and go riding...only way to do it AMEN by the way not trying to preach.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Can anyone say moderation fvck this no carb/no fat/no taste kick that we are on. I hate those weight loss pill commercials more than anything. just control your portions and watch what you eat and go riding...only way to do it AMEN by the way not trying to preach.
Don't you love how everything fried is advertised as, "NO CHOLESTEROL!!!" Uh yeah, but do you know just how much fat is in one small order of fries? Anyway, I agree which ya.