Quantcast

An Idea

with everyone owning some sort of camera, I think we should have a NW photocontest. We could have two classes, a point-and-shoot class and a "I wasted too much money on this crap" class :)

I will givve a assignment and then you all have to shoot a pic as close as can be to that assignment?
Like this weekend is the dirt jump jam, So I want a DJ pic from a woody area. Simple enough.

The rules, new shots only, one per person and we will do this once a month.

I will work on more details if anyone is interested...and its only peeps from the PNW! No outsiders ....:) Except biggins....hes cool! lol

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
bibs said:
yup, I dont expect anyone to spend money are do anything cazy...just fun lil contest to showcase the NW :) And BAH, madison and myself..or brock or Steve S. :) Hopefully they can help judge with me...I know your reading this be-rock...you luker!! :) is not allowed
Sweet cause i dont have money anyway hehehehe:D

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
So, can the photos be older or taken from this day forward? So, what's the prize - bragging rights, a six pack of Old Milwaukee, good buddy slap on the back?...

Five said:
So, can the photos be older or taken from this day forward? So, what's the prize - bragging rights, a six pack of Old Milwaukee, good buddy slap on the back?...
from this day on...and Im working a something like a tee-shirt and stickers for the winner of the month. It will end at the end of the month. Im planning on only having one winner and a runner up...

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Sounds like a cool idea... The digi reb 350 or whatever comes in june :) ohh bibs nice shot on nsmb of phil btw...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I still plunk around with my old 35mm (eek I know I am not a digi-guy) :)

But I can't throw down like you pimps. Here are pics I snapped at my clubs riding day New Years day. It was cold, dark, and drizzled-rained most of the day. I am in the album wearing a $.99 pancho can you find me? :)

Well the motorcyel pics are mine the car shots from the racing New Years eve is from someone else.
http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/1110619/1

I can't touch the work the BAH Bibs and the rest of them hot shots can create. For them I give props :thumb:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
RhinofromWA said:
I still plunk around with my old 35mm (eek I know I am not a digi-guy) :)

But I can't throw down like you pimps. Here are pics I snapped at my clubs riding day New Years day. It was cold, dark, and drizzled-rained most of the day. I am in the album wearing a $.99 pancho can you find me? :)

Well the motorcyel pics are mine the car shots from the racing New Years eve is from someone else.
http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/gallery/1110619/1

I can't touch the work the BAH Bibs and the rest of them hot shots can create. For them I give props :thumb:

Those pics are great! what you talkin about?

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Great idea Bibs! Most of my stuff so far is scenic photography, but I've been really wanting to get into sport shots so this would be a great way for me to see what all you guys do (that take amazing picutures by the way, from what I've seen) and maybe learn a little bit. Any chance there could be a little note attached to some of the pictures listing some of the tech crap like lens, Fstop, shutter speed so those interested know what was used?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Photo contests are always rigged. I'd be glad to be the judge of one. :) Start the bribery!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
cove rider said:
Those pics are great! what you talkin about?
Thanks, but I am a hack....

Ask me what f stop I am using and I will just hand you my camera to tell me. ;) I don't have a freaking clue. Bibs, Bah and the rest of the NW crew that is "in to it" are a little more than just lucky. They are at a whole other level....that I can respect but can accept that I am not at that point yet.

The gallery I posted I was shooting in super low light so the quality of the pics are pretty low. My equipment isn't much better than point and shoot, but I get lucky sometimes. It is the hunt for that good shot with motocycles that entices me....and I have to shoot a lot of film before I get them. I like getting really close to the riders and poppingout from behind trees and such.

I would love to get into a beg Digi-SLR but that invloves a computer than is newer than my dinosour (around 10 years old) and all the rest of the stuff. I would be starting over from scratch. *shrug*

...and I check and Bah was asking for to much bribe money.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
RhinofromWA said:
Thanks, but I am a hack....

Ask me what f stop I am using and I will just hand you my camera to tell me. ;) I don't have a freaking clue. Bibs, Bah and the rest of the NW crew that is "in to it" are a little more than just lucky. They are at a whole other level....that I can respect but can accept that I am not at that point yet.

The gallery I posted I was shooting in super low light so the quality of the pics are pretty low. My equipment isn't much better than point and shoot, but I get lucky sometimes. It is the hunt for that good shot with motocycles that entices me....and I have to shoot a lot of film before I get them. I like getting really close to the riders and poppingout from behind trees and such.

I would love to get into a beg Digi-SLR but that invloves a computer than is newer than my dinosour (around 10 years old) and all the rest of the stuff. I would be starting over from scratch. *shrug*

...and I check and Bah was asking for to much bribe money.

Hey dude same here! bibs had to tell how to adjust the light intake on a camera i borrowed from a friend cause i had no idea what i was doing

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
bibs said:
great idea I want all info for pic, what f-stop, ap, film speed or equiv....
Hahaha good luck! :rofl:

Does the Digi stuff keep track of that for you?.....like when you DL you can tell what you were shooting at (if you didn't write it down)

First assignment starts today!

The subject: Dirt Jumps/ and or air! :)
Two classes-Point and shoot and film, DSLR or any type of slr
What we are looking for...
a good picture :)(in either class)
I want F-stop, film speed, shutter speed, flashes?, and what you like about this shot!

thats all...all shoots should be around 800x800 and on photobucket or somthing like that

Im new to this idea too so lets just have fun! and go take some pics....

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bibs said:
First assignment starts today!

The subject: Dirt Jumps/ and or air! :)
Two classes-Point and shoot and film, DSLR or any type of slr
What we are looking for...
a good picture :)(in either class)
I want F-stop, film speed, shutter speed, flashes?, and what you like about this shot!

thats all...all shoots should be around 800x800 and on photobucket or somthing like that

Im new to this idea too so lets just have fun! and go take some pics....
can the pics took this weekend be used?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I have an extra bogen manfrotto tripod that totally flattens out and has a 3 way adjustable head. If i am a judge I will give to the person with the shot I like best of the next few contests...