Quantcast

Anatomy of a crash

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Well, almost. I got some pics snapped of me on my Open quali run. Here are the pics and my thoughts as they were taken.

Getting my lean on. Approaching the rider ahead of me. I'm gonna get you, son.

Leveling out, about to step on the gas again. Hands totally fisted on the bar.

Still pedaling. I'm gonna catch that guy if I can.

Get ready to hit the ground moving.

Prepare for liftoff. I don't remember ever going this fast in practice...hmmmm....

Oh snap, I rule.

Oh BALLS, I am the dumbest man on the face of the earth. Jebus, save me.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
dang man...that looks like its gana hurt.

well...I'm sure your feeling it anyhow.

Gnar air though bro.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Ouch! You all right?
Yep. Actually, I didn't crash. That's what I meant by the "almost" in the first line of the post (I just couldn't think of a better title).

I laughed when I saw the pic sequence. It was really one of the scariest things that's happened to me on a bike that did not actually result in severe bodily injury.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's the way to do the racer tuck. just try it at a different angle with respect to the ground next time... :D

mace2

Chimp
Oct 27, 2004
I hate that feeling, knowing you've screwed up, and you know it as soon as you've taken off. I know it too well. :P

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Wow dude, great pics and that looks like one hell of a close call. Anyone wreck off that stepdown this weekend?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
been there done that... glad to hear you're ok.

Tell me, how do you find the 66's on the SW? Travel, balance, behaviour, stiffness? Thanks

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
if your shirt wasn't so tight you could have had more wind resistance and then you wouldn't have rotated so forward.

:lighten:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
glad to hear you are in one piece...

i think on of the worse feelings is when you are in the air and you spot your landing and sail past it thinking oh ****:twitch: ....i did that a few days ago, except i had my nose down as it was a steep landing and i landed in the transition between two dirt jumps. slam right into the face of the next take off...

lesson learnt, always do a run up before hitting jumps for the first time so that you dont end up going full speed and over clearing it real bad.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
glad to hear you are in one piece...

i think on of the worse feelings is when you are in the air and you spot your landing and sail past it thinking oh ****:twitch: ....i did that a few days ago, except i had my nose down as it was a steep landing and i landed in the transition between two dirt jumps. slam right into the face of the next take off...

lesson learnt, always do a run up before hitting jumps for the first time so that you dont end up going full speed and over clearing it real bad.
i do that snowboarding way too much. :twitch:

thankfully it rarely happens while on a bike.

Avy Rider

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Muskoka,Canada
Sweet pics and cool story too! I'd say you need a tad more rebound damping on the rear of the bike. Not sure if it bucked but it might help if that's what happened.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
didi anybody see the "daytona crash" one guy nose cased and the next 5 guys all hit him and went OTB. next couple went off course.

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
hahaha if you look at the vigo w/c, prokop overshoots one of the jumps FROM THE LEAD in the 4x finals

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
Yep. Actually, I didn't crash. That's what I meant by the "almost" in the first line of the post (I just couldn't think of a better title).

I laughed when I saw the pic sequence. It was really one of the scariest things that's happened to me on a bike that did not actually result in severe bodily injury.
Looks like you owe Marzocchi a Christmas card this year!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
didi anybody see the "daytona crash" one guy nose cased and the next 5 guys all hit him and went OTB. next couple went off course.
....someone should have stopped thoose 5 riders well before...

...that's what course marshalls are for....