Quantcast

...and I spent $24,600 for this?

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Is the extra grand worth taking the risk of another chicken/goat/dog sacrafice? The weekend is here.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Crashby = Stuntmatty?
We need to talk! This is exactly what I intend to do to my park ave property. I had no idea you did this sort of thing. Flipping awesome.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Spitfired said:
Crashby = Stuntmatty?
We need to talk! This is exactly what I intend to do to my park ave property. I had no idea you did this sort of thing. Flipping awesome.
ummmm no, we are seperate munkees... He has helped me greatly on 2 of my properties...

We should grab a beer sometime / take a tour of our houses - discuss biz... PM me anytime.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Crashby said:
The figure is 56k.
That just makes me sick. I'm looking at 4 bedroom homes right now for 10x that price. :mumble: Location, location, location.....

And let me add to the list of compliments - you made that place look great.:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crashby said:
Some pretty major updates and a question for y'all...

Some bad activity around the street that this house is on. Some shootings a couple streets away, and some sacrificed chickens, a goat, and a beheaded dog literally a few hundred feet from the backyard (no, I'm not kidding - some "Santeria" afoot apparently). Needless to say that this is not doing wonders for the property values in the area.

Also, the house was broken into a couple nights ago. They broke down the back door. :mumble: The good news is that they didn't steal anything or vandalize the place (don't quite understand that). I also ran a comparable market evaluation on the street and discovered that the highest price ever paid for a house on that street was $59,900.

Now the semi-good news. I got an offer on the house a few minutes ago. Its much much less than I ever planned on, but its a FAST sale and I can get the hell outta Dodge and move on to another project.

The figure is 56k. Almost appalling, but it still gives me a profit of around $15,000 for my 8 weeks work and a percentage profit on investment (ROI) of 34%.

Should I take it? :clue:
I would take the offer and see if they are willing to split closing costs at a minimum.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd say take it and move onto another project. The less time you sit on it, the more houses you can do. IN the long run that = more $$ in your pocket.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
I agree, take the money and run.

Dang, if I lived in the CRoch, Id go in with you... Beers, bikes, and saws--how much trouble can you get into? :nope: :) Id love to do that here in Boston, but like everyone else has pointed out (in their respective towns), the up-front capital is mind blowing. Youve got a great market there--although you may want to move your interests a few more blocks away...:thumb: