eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:poster_oops:

Missisippi once again fattest state,

Colorado still leanest,

California only state not getting fatter:cheers:

Mississippi is the first state ever whose obese population exceeds 30% over a three-year average. And two-thirds of its citizens were either overweight or obese by CDC standards in 2006.

West Virginia replaced Alabama as the second fattest state, while Oklahoma entered the fattest ten for the first time, tying for ninth place. Also not faring well this year were Wisconsin, which rose seven places to 22, and South Carolina and Nevada, both of which rose four places, to 5 and 37 respectively

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh please, if you've ever been to Oak's Park in Portland, you will see a lot higher rate of fat people around here.

Apr 23, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Oh please, if you've ever been to Oak's Park in Portland, you will see a lot higher rate of fat people around here.
Hmmm never been there but I have been to several Wal Marts here in Oregon and they must have a fat magnet deep in their stores because the aisles are wide and the Ho Hos are always gone.

I blame Little Debbie she the one if she wasn't around half of us would starve to death and the other 1/2 would be skinnier than they aren't.

Actually Eugene has pretty active people and lots of bikers.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
awesome go co and mt. being in whsitler is weird, the only fat people are texans up here on vacation, seriously no fat people its rad

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
It's the growth hormone in the food, dood.

makes calves full sized in a year and a half.

we're eating it too.

growth is good!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
How are all of the hillbilly states so high? Haven't these people heard of crystal meth???
I did a speech in my Communications class about SC once and I found that it was 2nd in teen pregnancy, 1st in STDs, 1st in Trailers, 1st in Crystal Meth production, 3rd in Diabetes (2nd in Juvenile), and 49th in High school Graduation.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I have to go to SC once or twice a year on business. I get jet lag because normally when you go to the east coast you move an hour forward. But with SC you get the jet lag because you went 50 years back from central time.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I have to go to SC once or twice a year on business. I get jet lag because normally when you go to the east coast you move an hour forward. But with SC you get the jet lag because you went 50 years back from central time.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Maryland and South Carolina are like two different worlds to me.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
That doesn't suprise me at all:

-Colorado is the thinnest because of the elevation. Being one of the highest states above sea level the air is thinner, and as we all know fat people are out of breath after eating a 4 pack of twinkies. So it there is no way a fat person could survive living in Colorado.

-Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah are so thin because it's so friggen hot that a fat person would sweat 10 pounds off walking from the front door of Wal Mart to their car.

-Nevada is on the thinner side because, well Vegas and Reno are the real places to live in the state and in both of them you have to be good looking to get a job. Luckily for Nevada they don't include tourists in the poll, if that was the case it would be around 75% obesity rate

-Cali., New York, Mass., Conn., RI, and NJ stay thin because coke costs alot these days, and to support that habit something has to get cut from the budget. Food is one of those things.

-Vermont and New Hampshire are filled with Phish loving, pot smoking hippies. Some how with all the cookies and Doritos stoner consumer they stay suprising thin.

-Now for the whole south east and Appalachia areas.....two things come to mind; deep friers and PBR.

-Florida is full of old people, and old people are getting fatter and fatter these days. Maybe we should round them up and use them to feed third world countries because they're useless anyway.

-As for the rest of the states, no one really cares about them anyways. What the hell has Iowa ever done important.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i bet colorado would be 4 pts lower if it weren't for the east half of the state (lotsa mechanized farming communities)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Or average # of hours spent watching TV per week.
Let's not forget the cultural taboo of moving at a rate of speed fast enough to elevate heart rate or breathing. I get accused of running from something almost every time I am out, because I walk "too" fast. In Memphis, if you are moving with a sense of urgency, someone is chasing you.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
no, no, no. you got it all wrong: if your body is a temple, it's a grander testimony of one's faith.