Quantcast

Angel Fire trip info?

george

Chimp
Sep 14, 2001
Boston MA
I was thinking of hitting up Angel Fire for a bike vacation w/ the wife. I am curious about the local info, ie food, coffee, hiking, lodging, boozin', etc... We usually do a Vegas / Bootleg / Zion thing but looking to change it up - thoughts?

PS - she's a non-rider, happy w/ sun / hanging out & hiking...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
george said:
I was thinking of hitting up Angel Fire for a bike vacation w/ the wife. I am curious about the local info, ie food, coffee, hiking, lodging, boozin', etc... We usually do a Vegas / Bootleg / Zion thing but looking to change it up - thoughts?

PS - she's a non-rider, happy w/ sun / hanging out & hiking...
The "village" sucks. You'll have to go to Red River or Taos to find anything decent.

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Call and make sure the lifts are open for the times you'll be there and if you can do the South Boundary Trail. Sherpa is right, Taos and Red River are way better as far as unbike related stuff to do.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I was told that the lifts will be closed until July 4th due to fire danger. As for the "town" of AF, it leaves a little something to be desired. It is tiny. No 'real' bike shop, the only coffee you'll be getting is the stuff you'll make in your hotel room. There's plenty of lodging for pretty cheap. Although the only pool/hottub is in the Angel Fire resort hotel, FYI. There are a couple of good places to eat. Last time I was there the golf course restaurant made a killer prime rib for a decent price. With all that said, the riding in AF is stellar! From tight singletrack to long rock gardens to fast open runs, it has it all. You won't get bored riding there, that's for sure.

Take your wife to Taos and/or Sante Fe. She'd probably dig that. I know my wife did, and actually so did I. Santa Fe is a bit more posh than Taos and the prices on pretty much everything reflect that as well.

Good luck!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
If you are into Art, Toas and Santa Fe are the way to go. Angle Fire has some fishing if that floats her boat at all.

If you are into fishing, there is some places outside of Taos which are incredible.