Quantcast

Angle Fire info

Mar 1, 2005
Does anyone have the practice times and the race date for the chille challenge ,race msc doent give much info.My friends want to book a .room but not sure what actual dates.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Race dates may 23-26

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE (subject to change)

WED: practice (afternoon)
TRS: practice
FRI: Pro MX quali (aft/evening)
SAT: MX and SD
SUN: XC and Pro DH seeding
MON: DH

Plan on some DH practice everyday.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Hey guys - Ever been to a bigtime race where you didn't get as much practice as you wanted/needed? I'm sure we all can think of a few. Well, this is just like that...except the opposite. There are full days of DH practice starting on Wednesday. That doesn't mean you HAVE to start practicing on Wednesday, just that it's available for you (as well as the rest of the mountain) if you'd like.

Pretty sure that lift tix are going to be $15/day.

Mike

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Yeah, sorry for the negativity, not meant how it sounds.......thanks for the huge amount of practice, I love riding Angel Fire!

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
No apology necessary - it's always hard to find the resources to support our dirty little habit, but I'm guessing when your railing the malpais rock field it's gonna seem pretty worth it.

See you there,
Mike

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Damnit, I want to go!!!! Approx how many racers are expected to be there?? I've been warned it's going to be ginormous...

Also, as one with a complete lack of memory, I've found I do the best in races that have two runs and no practice! I work better on instints than I do remembering what the hell is past the next rock. Hell, each seriously IS like the very first one to me. I even tried wearing a helmet cam on the the first practce days then watching the vid over and over that night...no luck.
Not saying don't have any practice runs...but it would be fun to see how the big names do in something like that!

Mar 1, 2005
I know last year they had around 2 hours of practice a day not sure whats the deal i wish they would post the whole schedule,before there aint rooms left.If they are booked taos isnt to far away.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
I know last year they had around 2 hours of practice a day not sure whats the deal i wish they would post the whole schedule,before there aint rooms left.If they are booked taos isnt to far away.
Hmmm.

Last year Wednesday and Thursday had open practice from 9-4 for all categories, then on Friday and Saturday we split the field's practice time so that Pros/Semis/Experts and JR X had 4 hours to themselves on the track and the rest of the categories had 3 hours. Riders were also allowed to ride the rest of the mountain when their category wasn't practicing (and the lifties gave preference to the riders who were practicing.) Additionally, 4X practice was also available for the guys/girls who were in both events.

This year will be pretty similar, but we've got a few other variables to consider. We'll publish the complete schedule as soon as possible, but for right now the one on the www.racemsc.com website is pretty complete (minus the category breakdowns for Friday-Sunday).

Mike