Quantcast

angled headtube reducers info/help

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
rosenamedpoop.
yes. I only making one cup.
you can decide whether to put it up or down the HT.
you can tell me the length of your HT and I'll make you one for 2 or 1 or 1.5 degree change :-)
please contact my in private message for details.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
Thanks for the #s. That cup looks like it has no offset/angle? Did you just make these becasue you have acces to the machines?
Yes, because i had access to the machines and the 7075 aluminium and i had the bearings. :biggrin:
And yes, no offset.

The bearings on my cups are not pressed in, they are tapered FSA/Cane Creek-style 36/45° bearings that sit on a chamfer in the cup.

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
how about making an adapter for a commencal head tube sleeve? only problem is you would have to use a standard headset but it would be much easier and cheaper to do, plus they sell 0.5* sleeves and 1* sleeves!

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
how about making an adapter for a commencal head tube sleeve? only problem is you would have to use a standard headset but it would be much easier and cheaper to do, plus they sell 0.5* sleeves and 1* sleeves!
That would require even more precise tolerances. Commencal uses a clamp to hold the sleeve in place. With a regular 1.5 frame you would have to make it a press fit to keep it in place. And you would get 2 adapters, 1 commencal sleeve and a headset.
But with offset adapters you use 2 adapters and a integrated headset.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Looks like ours will be out around the same time as the k9 ones then - ours wont look as 'posh' though.

Different angles to us so there is pretty much an option for everybody out there right now.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Hmmm 2 degrees, think that will be a bit much, also have you ever looked at K9's website? All I see is promises of release dates and nothing ever released.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
^^ exactly what I was thinking. They were gathering components and doing final data aquisition for their full sus frame....a couple of years ago.

will this be their first product actually released?