Quantcast

Anodizing in the PNW?

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
i'm looking to get my bike anoded and was wondering if anyone knows a place in pnw to have it done. Also what kind of price should i expect.
thanks

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hytek
Production Plating
Pro-Coat
Skills
Mapsco
Asko

Plus a bunch more. Just look under "anodizing" in the book. Look for a place without the high overhead aerospace requirements and you'll get a cheaper price. Plus, a quicker turn around time as all platers are swamped right now.
If the frame is already stripped, you will be charged a minimum of about $150 for a lot charge.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
if anyone could post pictures of their anodized frames, that would be awesome. that urban camo sounds awesome, can you describe the color scheme more?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Ummm.... Not so sure on the bullcrew thing.
A while back there was a thread in the bad sellers forum about issues with him. I think he replied that he was no longer working for the ano place or something and had some issues and aploogized profusely.
I would stick local.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Hytek
Production Plating
Pro-Coat
Skills
Mapsco
Asko

I do lots of ano for work.
I usually do Prodcution Plating. They are reliable and reasonably priced.
I use Mapsco for powder though. PP ran a forklift over a pallet of parts years ago on me and I haven't forgiven them.
Hytek does good work but they charge us double what PP does.
Stay far far away from skills

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
skills = bad

he's right about the aerospace shops big bucks IF they will even take it. Hytek Pro-Coat Mapsco Asko = all aerospace BUT they will also be the best.

tip; hang out at a shop at lunch and ask the "dirty looking" guys(platers) if they would do it "under the table".