Quantcast

Another Convert: What happens when you let someone demo your 29er

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I met this guy out on a local trail one weekend morning about a month and a half ago. He was on a baby wheeled Titus Motolite and we chatted on the trail some and I offered to let him ride my Racer X when he got finished. He took it out for about a 10 minute spin and came back with the big grin and said he really liked it.

Fast forward several weeks and I get an email from ncj01 telling me that the guy had contacted him about buying his Asylum which had already been sold, so ncj01 put him in contact with Ben Witt @ Milltown Cycles (your ultra cool 29er shop) where there was an Exogrid Rx frame available for shipping right away. Anywhoo... the guy put in his order and in a week here is his new 29er Rx bike (I quickly took these pix before we hit the trail last night):

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
looks good but lose the reflectors

Now if we could get all the converts and the people helping them convert to stop referring to 26" wheels as baby or kiddie wheels, the world would be a better place.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
looks good but lose the reflectors

Now if we could get all the converts and the people helping them convert to stop referring to 26" wheels as baby or kiddie wheels, the world would be a better place.
Agreed. It seems that the one's who think everyone's hating on them are actually the one's hating.

Nice bike btw.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I agree that it is all about riding the right bike for you no matter what the wheelsize.

Seems like he's gotta use a lot of headset spacers to get the bar height he likes, but maybe that's because at my height - fewer spacers is better to keep the front end low.

Must be a light bike!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I agree that it is all about riding the right bike for you no matter what the wheelsize.

Seems like he's gotta use a lot of headset spacers to get the bar height he likes, but maybe that's because at my height - fewer spacers is better to keep the front end low.

Must be a light bike!

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Curious as to how these ride. They are an interesting looking rig.

I can't get over how they make me think of Argyle though!

Guess that's just me! :monkey:

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Since iliketoridebikes hasn't stopped by yet, I'll say it:

"Looks flexy"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: