Quantcast

another dirt jump question

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
um it would probably depend on your speed you get for the jump and how big u want to go. if you want a big gaps and you are gonna make a pack then the jumps will also have to get taller so it all depends on what you feel comfortable jumping

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
There is an actual equation to do it. Maybe on LeeLikesBikes. But the best way to do it is to make it the size you think, and then add to it, or jump it into a big pile of loose dirt then form your lander.

.243racer

Chimp
Jun 15, 2006
Make the size take off you want, land flat, wherever the back tire lands, make the start of the landing there.

Nat.

Just gotta judge the speed your gonna get with the size of the take off. Build however big you think its gonna be, and go from there. Say you case, shorten the gap. Over shoot, push it forwards.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
for me it is where my jaw impacts and then back from there about 3 or 4 feet.
haha, that made me laugh.

figuring out the distance is tough. I usually do what chuffer said - 2 shovels and adjust from there. 2-3 shovels seems to be a good size for most - not to crazy but with the right lip, it should give you plenty of air time.

Aug 13, 2007
nh
I say make the lip and then use loose dirt or bark mulch for the mock lander and go from there but speed is going to be your biggest factor.