Quantcast

Another NFL thread: T.O. to DA BEARS!?!?!??!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
reflux said:
Chicago doesn't need Archuleta when they have Mike Brown (both play strong, right?). They most definitely DON'T need TO after they shelled out the dough for Moose. How is Chicago's o-line?
Mike Brown plays strong only because the Bears dont have one. FS is his natural position and his numbers were down a bit last year from having to make that swap. Archuletta would have been a welcome addition, for sure, because Chicago lacks depth in the secondary. The starters are decent, but there's nothing at all behind them.
I wish the Bears had never signed Moose. IMO, possesion type recievers are like him are more a product of a designed system. He drops too many balls, isnt fast, and complains all the time. As for the line, Chicagos is in decent shape.They could use to sign or draft another left tack just in case though. I expect they will be back in the playoffs this year, and hopefully do some damage.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
WOW, I figured he'd to to the Cowboys! Jerry Jones has done well with punks in the past.

He'll destroy the Chicago lockerroom in no time....he'll have Rex Grossman crying to his mom and he'll hold out for more money, and he's a media magnet. Any time the media puts high focus on a team, the team does poorly...see Philly, Indy, etc.

Sucks...I like Chicago. Football is a team sport and it's all about chemistry...look at New England. Very few of the Patriots are superstars within themselves, or without their supporting cast. Look at the Ravens of 2000...they had more passing yards this season with boller than they did the year they won the superbowl.

One Mouthy WR isn't gonna win a championship.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
DRB said:
So its acceptable for a "decent" secondary to give up those kinds of stats? You got lucky that he didn't break one.
Did you WATCH that game? All those yards were in junk time in the 4th quarter. Also, that was like all the yards for Delhomme too. He didnt find another wideout all day. They owned Carolina that day.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
BurlyShirley said:
Did you WATCH that game? All those yards were in junk time in the 4th quarter. Also, that was like all the yards for Delhomme too. He didnt find another wideout all day. They owned Carolina that day.
Keep telling yourself that. You've got one good player in the secondary and that's it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
DRB said:
Keep telling yourself that. You've got one good player in the secondary and that's it.
Mike Brown and Nathan Vasher were both pro bowlers this year. :rolleyes:
But yeah, we got just one guy...

I think if two of your 4 starters are pro-bowlers that qualfies you as "decent". Oh yeah, Jerry Azumah, the nickel, was a pro bowler two years ago too. Yeah, one good player.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlyShirley said:
:stupid: As much as I like Carolina, BS is right. Delhomme and Carolina got pwn3d that day. Even though the score was close as it was, Chicago showed up to play whereas Carolina never even got dressed.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
DRB said:
I would bet a million gagillion billion trillion dollars that TO will never EVER be a Panther.
You're too right, but couldn't you imagine?? Gawd, the numbers that they'd put up. Either Steve Smith or TO with single coverage for the entire year could easily put the team over the top. Their offense would be rediculous, ala Indy or Rams of years past.