SoMeWhErE NoWhErE

24″ bmx cruiser frame

21.5″ top tube
14.25″-15.25″ chain stays

74 degree head tube
71 degree seat tube

14mm dropouts
12.25″ bottom bracket height

integrated head tube (drilled for gyro mounts)
mid bottom bracket shell

25.4 seat tube ( 1 1/8th” seat clamp)
990 mounts as well as vbrake mounts

4lbs 9 ounces
colors available: clear/raw and a few surprise colors

the website is pretty limited right now but its www.tributebikes.com

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Very typical geo for a cruiser, except for the CS length.
Toe clearance is going to be a bitch.
A 22" TT and slacker head angle would have made it much more attractive to me.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
These are niice puppy's...at first i wasent to sure (its not our design and all )...but once we started to put the tubes on the jig i started to get some good vibes from them.
They look amazing! cant wait to see some fully built and riding pix.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Looks great! Daman/dob - nice job on the fab work. Would love to see what it looks like built up.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
21.5"? wow, that seems crazy short. our short frames come in at 22" even and they barely have x-up clearance. seems like you would need some 155mm cranks to avoid any issues. maybe your bb being a half an inch lower makes that much of a difference...
I cant not talk about the geo of that old school frame, because we havent design it...

But our Pinscher, Molosse and Pink frame with 21.5'' top tubes are all Barspin and X-up friendly :) So yes its possible to have a 21,5'' top tube frame and do some Xup...just need to have some skill's

.But our Pinscher, Molosse and Pink frame with 21.5'' top tubes are all Barspin and X-up friendly...
there is a huge difference between a 72degree HA and a suspension corrected fork and a 74degree HA and a 24" bmx fork when toe/tire interference is brought into the equation. seems like a frame builder with knowledge would know something about this, but i digress. the two sets of bikes become completely different monsters and not even worth comparing if you are trying to prove a relevant point...

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
21.5"? wow, that seems crazy short. our short frames come in at 22" even and they barely have x-up clearance. seems like you would need some 155mm cranks to avoid any issues. maybe your bb being a half an inch lower makes that much of a difference...
the same could be said about the Model C which comes in 21.25" and 21.75" . . . .

my dk general lee 24" has a 21 1/8" top tube (center to center) and when you turn the bars almost 180 degrees you can get the pedal within about 1/8" of hitting the tire. i don't mind it being short though, as it's my flatland cruiser.

for a retro 'freestyle' cruiser i think the frame in this thread is pretty sick.

Last edited:

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
there is a huge difference between a 72degree HA and a suspension corrected fork and a 74degree HA and a 24" bmx fork when toe/tire interference is brought into the equation. seems like a frame builder with knowledge would know something about this, but i digress. the two sets of bikes become completely different monsters and not even worth comparing if you are trying to prove a relevant point...
Naa...i was just saying that it is possible to have a Xup compatible frame with 21.5'' top tube. Anyway...Top tube are pretty irrelevant to know if a frame is or not xup compatible...as you mention head angle and seat tube angle will change the top tube length.

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
sweet frame! i saw the new dual toptube Supercross frame coming out and its lovely... (in a 20) but from what i here the 24 is next.