Quantcast

another reunion....as long as they play small sh!tty clubs...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Fvck yeah. I'm with you on that one, I'd love to see them play some dive bar or something, not so much for a bigger venue. I'll probably go see them either way though, If I get a chance.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
i saw 'em open for Neil Young once, mid to late 90s? not impressed.
Yeah? What was it about the show that didn't do it for you? I like their studio stuff quite a bit, never seen them live though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i didn't know 'em all that well, but if i recall it was just a loud, boring sound. i'm not the keenest on Cornell's vocals, either.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I bet Neil was awesome though.
Never seen him live either, but I love his 1971 Massey Hall live album.

Just bought tickets to see Bad Religion with the GF. Wish it was 20 years ago for that one, but I do like their recent material pretty well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i saw 'em open for Neil Young once, mid to late 90s? not impressed.
when sonic youth was opening for neil young on their stop in DC in the 90's.....on the same night....

henry rollins spoken word at d.c. space

charlatans uk at the bayou....

i saw the charlatans because i figured i would always be able to see rollins/sy/ny anytime.

the first time i saw soundgarden was the best....about 75-100 people....being generous with that estimate...at the 9:30 club...when ultra mega ok came out...kim and chris wandering around the club before hand handing out promo sh*t....sylvia juncosa opening.....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The 9:30 Club is on my list of youtube searches - a lot of good material there.

when sonic youth was opening for neil young on their stop in DC in the 90's.....on the same night....

henry rollins spoken word at d.c. space

charlatans uk at the bayou....

i saw the charlatans because i figured i would always be able to see rollins/sy/ny anytime.

the first time i saw soundgarden was the best....about 75-100 people....being generous with that estimate...at the 9:30 club...when ultra mega ok came out...kim and chris wandering around the club before hand handing out promo sh*t....sylvia juncosa opening.....

DHGirlie admitted to touching herself over this one...

Performances like this are not coming back - I would not pay to see a reunion.

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Never seen him live either, but I love his 1971 Massey Hall live album.

Just bought tickets to see Bad Religion with the GF. Wish it was 20 years ago for that one, but I do like their recent material pretty well.
I caught Neil on the Horde tour back in oh 93 - 94ish. Great show. :thumb:

As an aside I just saw Flogging Molly on new years day at the house of blues in Anaslime. Fantastic show.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I saw them on Lalapalooza 80 years ago. They were pretty good. Janes Addiction tore the place up after them though....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Only time I saw Soundgarden was in 1989. They opened for Voivod. Good show.