Quantcast

Another spending your rebate check....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
plus some more.....

Bought this today!

I'm tired of poor quality mowers that don't cut and break all the time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am buying a Catalytic converter and some new tires to match my new rims. If I have anything leftover I going to buy some plugs and a extra air filter.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
scags are nice how many inch deck is it?

not to be a downer but scags have quite a bit of maintenance and many people i know, including myself prefer the exmark brand. They tend to last longer, and are easier to work on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
scags are nice how many inch deck is it?

not to be a downer but scags have quite a bit of maintenance and many people i know, including myself prefer the exmark brand. They tend to last longer, and are easier to work on.
Dude you're like 12 and drive tractors through streams. Nothing you say matters to me until your 25.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nice rig Stosh. That cupholder appears large enough for a SuperBig Glup. Score!
It's funny, this is so bad but one of the reasons I didn't another brand was because it didn't have a spot for my mp3 player like the Scag does.

I went and had the "demo" this morning. I can't wait to start mowing tonight!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well you are stosh, so that cancels it out:biggrin:

:stosh:

I have no idea what you are saying. I'm sure in your head next to your in depth knowledge of iPods, gardening, artificial estrogen, child rearing, and New Zealand your equation makes sense but it doesn't to me.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I have no idea what you are saying. I'm sure in your head next to your in depth knowledge of iPods, gardening, child rearing, and New Zealand your equation makes sense but it doesn't to me.
Add artificial estrogen side effects to the list.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've got a husky like that, just not commercial - my next one will be though, prolly a bobcat. zero's are the way to go. nice purchase.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've got a husky like that, just not commercial - my next one will be though, prolly a bobcat. zero's are the way to go. nice purchase.
Thanks man, the Freedom Z isn't really full commercial. They call it light commercial/residential. I would love to pick up some extra money mowing on the weekends if I could. There are a lot of landscaping businesses locally though.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
you can make M-O-R-E $$$ if you buy a nice plugger/aerator. People pay like a $100 per half acre around these parts and there's absolutely nothing to it. I fab'd up a hitch for my husky and it pulls a 300lb+ spiker like nothing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
you can make M-O-R-E $$$ if you buy a nice plugger/aerator. People pay like a $100 per half acre around these parts and there's absolutely nothing to it. I fab'd up a hitch for my husky and it pulls a 300lb+ spiker like nothing.
Really.... wow sweet!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
$100 to mow a half acre? Are you kidding? I pay $40 to have my lawn mowed and it's 1.1 acres.

edit: actually, my entire lot is 1.1 acres. My lawn is probably 3/4 of an acre.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
$100 to mow a half acre? Are you kidding? I pay $40 to have my lawn mowed and it's 1.1 acres.

edit: actually, my entire lot is 1.1 acres. My lawn is probably 3/4 of an acre.
Does that include weed wacking/trimming?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
How did you pick up jobs?
word of mouth. I personally don't do it b/c I haven't come out of pocket for a nice plugger, they run about a grand used (self-propelled type). The kind you pull behind a mower is nice but it's quite cumbersome to pull the mower/aerator (in a trailer) all over just to do plugging when you can get a self-propelled one in the back of the truck.

One of my buddies is trying to get me to splurge and get the walk behind type and start making some cash. He's confident I can pay for it in one season.

This would be the bomb:

similar to what I have now:

what my buddy told me to buy to make the most $$$

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
A little less frequently than that. Maybe once every 10 days.
At that rate it would cost me about $360 based on your per/acre cost.

Including gas and I had to put some of the mower on a payment plan it's costing me $160/month. I enjoy mowing so the time is somewhat negligible to me.