Quantcast

Another v10

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
I've actually had this for awhile now... just got around to putting up some photos. Big thanks to my insurance company who basically financed the whole thing.

A few notes:
1) Overall ride is great... handles much better than the old v10
2) Fox DHX feels awesome
3) SDG I-Beam system is really cool... super adjustable, easy, seems strong (no flex), and the I-Fly is crazy light (but not comfortable unless you're used to road seats... get the I-Fly C if you want more cush)
4) UST tires + UST rims + a little stans = no loss of air pressure
5) MRP System 3 Carbon... the system 3 is works really well and you save a bunch of weight... I opted for the carbon because I don't really bash on rocks much but I'll probably put an alum. outter plate on for rough courses.
6) Boxxer World Cup: See my other thread on this (http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115930)
7) Weight: haven't weighed it yet... but it's pretty light

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
What is the benefit of a carbon bashguard if it will shatter when you hit it hard? I know it's light, but there are better ways to lose weight, like with a Gamut or something. Putting carbon fiber on something that is meant to smash into things just seems silly.

Very sick bike though.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
The rims are the old style 823's. I got them because go-ride hade them at a really good price. So far they've been fine... hopefully they'll hold up.

About the chain guide... the trails I usually ride are fast and I don't really bash much, especially not on rocks. I was just looking for a guide that would be light and hold the chain on, which the system 3 does perfectly. I'm going to get a metal bashguard that I can swap out for rougher conditions. I would have opted for a Gamut (they look really nice) but I did most of my ordering through QBP and they don't stock gamut stuff.

Threepointtwo... it's hard to compare because I haven't been on my Yeti since last August, but it hasn't been hard getting used to the v10. It's long and slack (although it doesn't seem as slack as the dh9) so it handles high speed and long corners similar to the yeti (which was pretty good). The v10 definately turns quicker in tight sections where the yeti felt sluggish. The suspension feels way more plush and responsive. This might just be the difference between the Vanilla RC and the DHX, or the fact that the v10 has more travel, but it's definately a plus in the rough.

Edit: Threepointtwo... just saw the thread w/ your v10... looks awesome :thumb:

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
looks great, i just dont like those cranks and ur mostlikley using a Truvativ BB which suck too. drop the boxxer for a 40 or a Dorado, although i do like the look of the new boxxer.

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
man thats the sweetest bike ive seen in a long time.

just a question. it looks like you have alot of tension on you derailur, and still have a gear lower to go. i always thought that you should run it so its close to 90degrees when in the highest gear. if this isnt true, how does having that much tension work is the shifting any better?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
punkassean said:
;) I "hear" that too.

EDIT: I just rode "the" loop today and I didn't get lost. :thumb:
I new you could do it! Now I'll confuse you with the 30 million sub-trails networked in there! Let's go ride!

Oh yah, and my house was absolutely destroyed tonight by Kyler. There is a 6 ft cawk spray painted on my bedroom wall. I am not amused. In fact, I'm so pissed I'm shaking quite a bit. :stosh:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
El_Chimichanga said:
I new you could do it! Now I'll confuse you with the 30 million sub-trails networked in there! Let's go ride!

Oh yah, and my house was absolutely destroyed tonight by Kyler. There is a 6 ft cawk spray painted on my bedroom wall. I am not amused. In fact, I'm so pissed I'm shaking quite a bit. :stosh:
dude, I placed sticks on the way in to find my way back. I didn't really need them but they did help a few times just to be positive.

that's weak that your house got worked. Was it a party or just another night at the crack house?