Votes: 2 3.4%
  • other

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
justin, why don't you buy a trailer with the money? might sound stupid, but if your keeping your bikes on your rack all the time its no to safe.

also, i dont believe there are any sessions available.

have you considered the carbon gt?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
justin, why don't you buy a trailer with the money? might sound stupid, but if your keeping your bikes on your rack all the time its no to safe.

also, i dont believe there are any sessions available.

have you considered the carbon gt?
That rack has more locks than i know what to do with, 4 locks on the bars, 1 per tray, (on every tray), locks on the mounting hardware for the trays and a hitch lock along with my handy dandy chain. Thanks for the heads up on the session.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
what about the morewood kalula or w/e...or something along the lines of a cove STD i'm thinking you might enjoy having a 6 or 7 inch bike that can be pedaled on some xc type rides but still have the muscle to handle laps at diablo (given your affinity for alpine...)just a thought....or you could give me some money for a frame...food for thought (donations are currently being accepted for any that care to indulge in their inner humanitarian)

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
That rack has more locks than i know what to do with, 4 locks on the bars, 1 per tray, (on every tray), locks on the mounting hardware for the trays and a hitch lock along with my handy dandy chain. Thanks for the heads up on the session.

someone can easily snag all of the shocks, breaks and such. im just saying

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Just looked it up. 1590g for the Alfine - that's heavier even than a rohloff isn't it?

Way too heavy for me to consider: current setup = 300g hub + 160g mech + 100g cassette = 560g. More like 700-800 for a lot of people (my cassette is trimmed to 6 gears, mech is dura-ace, etc etc), so the Alfine adds a LOT of unsprung weight.
That's the 8speed isn't it? How heavy is the new 11?
Yeah I said whole XT drive train, it probably is still too heavy, but I'll getone to try anyway. Suspension performance is more improtant, but I can chuck it on my comuter if it's dud.
I'm running 6 speed also;)

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
i mean that can be said about a lot of instances...someone could've gone around the US Open snagging shifters when people were off watching the race etc...just throwin that out there....my vote is still for a more 'do everything bike'....i know banshee makes one lol

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
what an awful thread. I'm happy to have one DH bike and a trailbike. Getting out as often as possible is a nice treat. Having identical bikes is unfathomable. If something breaks, use it as an excuse to upgrade.

Retardless, I voted for the session. Little hype, active braking, and a very well built frame, save for maybe denting. I love my FuelEx for trailriding, the session is high on my list to replace the sunday when i get rich.
+1 gold

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
As for the bike - buy a moto and train on it. If I had the cash Id get an enduro/mini dh bike for the local trails or a moto even though Id probably be really tempted to get a next dh sled. Well that or just buy Greece. With the current debt they shouldnt be too expensive and they have some nice hills ;)
:rofl:

"Just because you have money doesn't mean you need to spend it." ;)