Quantcast

another "which car" thread (56k grab dinner, it's flooded)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hmm, lots of fast cars mentioned, but few that would be really tossable. how about more 2 door suggestions from the peanut gallery and less wagons? :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
any feedback on the B9TRIBECA?
it's a subaru with a lovely interior, a face that stands out from the crowd for better or worse, and a decent engine. not even remotely what my parents are looking for with this car, however :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
350Zs really tickle my pickle. the stock exhaust sounds so nice, and they look so damn good.
that's one of the first cars i suggested. the main strike against it is that we had a 1990 300ZX back in the day (my pimping ride back in high school! :)) and some parties feel that that car, the Z32 generation, was both better looking and a superior car to the current model. the current model is lighter, yes, but it suffers strongly from the "melted in the hot sun" appearance that first afflicted the "bubble butt" eclipse/talon/laser DSM trio in the late 90s...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Why not an Acura TL, they are sporty enough and meet the sedan criteria...
there is no sedan criterion! 2 door is preferred actually. the wrecked car was an Acura CL Type S so i think they're looking to jump ship from the acura brand for now. it was a nice car but change for the sake of change is in order :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
meh, old ferraris are outperformed by many plebian modern cars. and S4s are overweight and the B5 models eat turbos. sporty != fast... think miata competitors + hardtop (M Coupe?), not speedy luxobarges, pls

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Used NSX, the looks are still stunning..
true, and the engineering is fabulous, the cowl line low, the engine note lovely. it's just easier to find a cherry Z06 since they're more common, for better or worse. plus the Z06 tears it up in super stock, while the NSX is only a middling contender in A stock...