Quantcast

another wim update: (for those of you not on mailing list)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Greetings two-wheeled junkies! As I write this I am looking out the window at a beautiful Spokane Spring day thinking I should be out riding. So I’ll be back.

OK. I’m back. Good ride and now I am ready to write. It’s been awhile since we last talked so bear with us because we have a lot of stuff to tell ya!

Let’s start with the Boneshaker. In a little more than a week we will be making our annual pilgrimage to Winthrop. As we have been saying, the XC will be back to it’s old self with a little bit of new stuff we know you’ll love. And the DH will be as outrageous as ever. Don’t forget to get your registrations in by today (5/7/04) so you won’t be late. There will be a food vendor on site selling Bratwurst and rumor has it that our beloved announcer, Mike Lawrence, may be making his Accordion-playing debut with some lovely polkas.

Hey, speaking of the date 5/7/04, which is today, it’s also the deadline for on-time registration for the Group Health 24 Hour Round the Clock Race. This is the NORBA National Championship for 2004 and qualifier for the 24 Hours of Adrenaline World Championships. So name your poison, extreme competition or extreme fun, or both! Aside from mountain biking, the delicious David’s Pizza will be on-site serving up mouth-watering pies and new this year will be a climbing wall and bungee jumping! And if you look close enough, there might be a rare sighting of Round and Round Staff actually riding a bike!

Chelan is still a month away, but there are big plans for a brand spankin’ new XC and DH this year. The crew in Chelan could really use your help. They will be having work parties every weekend up to race time, and we can put you to work during the week too! We are flexible for our volunteers! If you can help out, stop by uncle Tim’s Toys in Chelan or contact Stacy Henry at 509-860-1207.

Thanks to all of our sponsors and please give them your business.
Group Health
Hammer Gel
Full Speed Ahead (FSA)
Shimano Kid’s Races
Spokesman Review
Comcast
Cane Creek
Jones Soda
Arrow Racing
Giant

That’s all for now. Keep it vertical until next weekend and we’ll see y’all next weekend in Winthrop!

Eric and the rest of the crew from Round and Round.

Round & Round Productions
418 E Pacific
Spokane, WA 99202
509-455-7657
www.roundandround.com

Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -- George Sand

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Tully
Is the Chelan course gonna be longer? That would be pretty cool...
Unless they changed teh course location (ei. other side of the valley) or something they were at the tallest part of that hill....

:think:

I guess they could build a ramp? :D :thumb: